Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Octal 3-State Non-Inverting Transparent Latch application in phone

Hupaa.San

Feb 19, 2017
Hi,
I've found chip called "HC373a"on my samsug phone model NX12-E. It is an Octal 3-State Non-Inverting Transparent Latch. there are three of them on the phone. I don't know what is its uage in a phone. could you please guide me?
Thanks
the datasheet was attached.

Attachments

• MC74HC373A-D.PDF
    116.7 KB · Views: 50

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'll answer you if you can tell me what an M4 x 15mm bolt could be used for in my car.

Seriously, all I can tell you is that the octal tri-state transparent non-inverting latch is used to transparently latch up to 8 signals with the outputs potentially being driven to a high impedance state in some circumstance.

If you can get the schematic of the phone, we might be able to tell.

Hupaa.San

Feb 19, 2017
I'll answer you if you can tell me what an M4 x 15mm bolt could be used for in my car.

Seriously, all I can tell you is that the octal tri-state transparent non-inverting latch is used to transparently latch up to 8 signals with the outputs potentially being driven to a high impedance state in some circumstance.

If you can get the schematic of the phone, we might be able to tell.

I don't have the schematic. but I can tell you what other components connected to the latch by check the routing. as I understood there is 8-bit micro controller that its I/O pins was connected to address(as input) of phone keypad and input of HC373a latches. and there is a ULN2003 driver that the output of one of the HC373a latch was connected to it. (just one of them)
up to now, just I found these.