Maker Pro
Maker Pro

No AA battery terminal connectors in battery compartment

BarksAlot

May 14, 2017
Hello - I have an old recumbent exercise bike that uses AA batteries, but the battery compartment doesn't contain the connectors. So, I went to Micro Center and found a couple of different "battery holder 2XAA snap" that I thought might work. Unfortunately, the snaps were both too big to fit properly and the only thing I need are the connectors. I think I need a positive and negative connector with wiring on one end and just the positive/negative connectors for the other end. I located a B+ and B- "hole" to connect the wires to, but what is the "goop" stuff that makes the connection hold when placing the positive & negative wires to the board, or whatever the proper terms are...sorry, I'm a step prior to a novice in correct terminology.
Any thoughts or suggestions for where to locate the items needed to make an honest effort to fix?

I could take pictures if that would help, just let me know.
Thanks!!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I think I need a positive and negative connector with wiring on one end and just the positive/negative connectors for the other end. I located a B+ and B- "hole" to connect the wires to, but what is the "goop" stuff that makes the connection hold when placing the positive & negative wires to the board, or whatever the proper terms are...sorry, I'm a step prior to a novice in correct terminology.
Any thoughts or suggestions for where to locate the items needed to make an honest effort to fix?

some photos would be helpful for us to see what you are trying to do :)

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I have some rechargeable battery powered things that work with Energizer Ni-MH batteries but do not work with Duracell Ni-MH batteries because the Duracell positive part is too short and does not reach the connector. They are both made in Japan.

BarksAlot

May 14, 2017
If I can find the parts I need and identify the stuff that keeps the wiring in place on the board, I think I could fix this. See pictures and thanks in advance for any direction! You have to actually open the first and the last picture to see anything. The pics are in the order in which I documented so it should make sense.

Attachments

• 1Battery1.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 1Battery12.jpg
    1Battery12.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 1Battery13.jpg
    1Battery13.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 1Battery14.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 100

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
I think the clear stuff you're referring to is just hot glue to keep the tension off the solder joint. Exercise bikes tend to have a lot of movement and vibrations that could potentially break the joint if the wiring was allowed to move around freely. I bet if you were to look at the other side of the circuit board you would see the solder

BarksAlot

May 14, 2017
Thanks KilgoreCemetery, that makes sense - glue gun - but I never found the exact parts I need to make it work so I gave up!