Maker Pro
Maker Pro

[Newbie] Component Identification

ikarycs

Jan 10, 2017
Hello, everyone!, I'm new to the forum. =)
I found this place through google search!

TLDR: Is that a Diode? if not, then what is it?, it doesnt have any marks/letters (comes from a LCD TV power supply board)

I would like to know if I could get any help, regarding the identification of a component I dont know of (see attached picture).

I have some little knowledge electronics and I have educated myself a little (I like it), and I'm trying to fix a broken lcd TV,
...so it happens that I was searching in youtube about directions of possibles/commons failures on those kind of systems, and diodes seem to be one of those "common issues" (among others ofc) when it comes to talk about LCD TVs.

The problem is that diode doesnt have any marking nor letter/code, and continuity goes without restrinction in both directions (I tested it with a multimerter with doide testing mode), and diodes dosent supose to work like that.

The strange thing, is that I searched other devices, and they seem to have this similar component, and im not sure if that is a damaged diode or what.

I really would like to fix this TV since in my country, buying a new one cost a lot of money and I just cant buy another one. Ik that the TV could have other issues besides de diodes, but I'm trying as many components as I can untill I determine I cant deal with it =/

Thanks beforehand for any help any of you can proved.
Cheers!.

Attachments

• posible_diode.jpeg
    posible_diode.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 73

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Is that a Diode? if not, then what is it?, it doesnt have any marks/letters (comes from a LCD TV power supply board)

it's a ferrite bead ones like that are commonly used for noise and signal suppression on DC lines

it doesn't appear to be faulty, the ferrite would have to be crushed or cracked for it to have failed

ikarycs

Jan 10, 2017
thanks for the answer davenn :)
that shrinks a little the number of components to test!