Maker Pro
Maker Pro

new but not too new

satrah

Dec 30, 2016
Hello all.

I sign-up a little while ago and never introduced my self. I studied health science subject for the last 10 year plus and decided to give electronics a try. I was curious to know how similar these two subject were.I started out watching a lot of youtube videos and found over time that this ended up being a very slow process as there is no real leaning structure and people repeat information over and over. Now i get my information mainly from manufacturing companies (application notes) and in book form. Reading large amount of information is something i am good at. Projects that are to be completed are put in a word document and categorised in sections of learning, with index (still working this process out) Currently i am working with Arduino micro-controllers and attaching sensors but my dominant area is buck and boost converters. Other than an oscilloscope, buck converters are a cheap way of being entertained for hours - plus i like math as well.

Have a lot of questions, so i will try not to drown forum members with required information. If i can solve it myself i will try to do it this way.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
satrah said:
I studied health science subject for the last 10 year plus and decided to give electronics a try. I was curious to know how similar these two subject were.

Very, It helps keep me sane!:p
M.

Last edited by a moderator:

satrah

Dec 30, 2016
Yes! i have the desire to keep sane, I try not to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Unless using an oscilloscope.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Have you tried reading "the art of electronics"?

satrah

Dec 30, 2016
Hi Steve, Yes i have but it is an old edition on-line, I prefer hard copy. Will have to buy it one day but for now ( as i found out) i can loan it out from the university library. as far as i know it's current edition is 3rd edition now. That going back a bit now. Two years or so.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
One good source of books is Abebooks Clearing House.
I have picked up some deals in the past.
M.