Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need the Datasheet or specifications of NIC0K1L( ultrasonic transmitter receiver module.)

Keerthana95

Feb 18, 2017
Can any one provide the specification of NIC0K1L ultrasonic transmitter receiver module. I am now trying to build a non invasive flow rate sensor. I used RKI-1089 followed by a filter,amplifier and buffer. The circuit is working perfectly and the receiver is receiving the signal. But the transmitted ultrasonic signal @ 40 khz cannot penetrate even a bottle though we provide high gain when we amplify it. I am now looking for ultrasonic sensor which can actually transmit the signal through pipes. Can any one suggest a sensor module for that or an alternative solution for this??

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
I do not know how the sound can measure the velocity.
When my kidneys were investigated using ultrasonic sound, the transducer was coupled to my torso with fluid. Sonar devices are immersed in the fluid. Any change in density will reflect the signal, I do not think you will get a significnt transfer through a pipe.

A thermister immersed in the fluid could do the job as in a pitot tube.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I have had several ultrasound scans of my neck carotid arteries. The person who did the scans said that flow velocity is measured by the Doppler shift it creates in the reflected ultrasound. How they get a 2D image is beyond my current state of knowledge, but imaging wouldn't be necessary to measure fluid flow-rate in a rigid pipe.

Keerthana95

Feb 18, 2017
I have had several ultrasound scans of my neck carotid arteries. The person who did the scans said that flow velocity is measured by the Doppler shift it creates in the reflected ultrasound. How they get a 2D image is beyond my current state of knowledge, but imaging wouldn't be necessary to measure fluid flow-rate in a rigid pipe.

Thank you so much sir for your reply.
Very happy to read your post as we were also planning to work with the same method of doppler shift to measure the velocity. But though the concept is correct we cannot find ultrasonic sensor modules that can make this happen. Ultrasonic flow meters are available as such, But we are looking for the sensor module alone.

Keerthana95

Feb 18, 2017
When my kidneys were investigated using ultrasonic sound, the transducer was coupled to my torso with fluid. Sonar devices are immersed in the fluid. Any change in density will reflect the signal, I do not think you will get a significnt transfer through a pipe.

A thermister immersed in the fluid could do the job as in a pitot tube.
Thank you so much for your reply.