Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need one bit of old circuit board

JeanGenie

Jun 19, 2015
Hi, I am not an electronics person but I need to buy one piece of that old green plastic circuit board from the 1970's with the solder dots and lines. Does anyone have a bit - even a broken piece - that I could pay you for and ask you to send it to me? Or know where I could get some? I live in Australia and don't know where to start looking to buy something like this. Or even if you can tell me what old stuff (eg. very early calculators?? or others) to look for at garage sales which I could extract that kind of circuit board from..... any help very much appreciated...

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Almost any old electronics device from the junkyard etc. will contain such PCBs (as these boards are called by those in the profession). Color may vary (green, red, brown etc).
Find a computer in the grabage? A good source of PCBs, even if more modern, but the technique is still the same today (albeit more complex).

It were a shame to spend money on that gem on ebay only to destroy it to get hold of a bit of PCB.

JeanGenie

Jun 19, 2015
Almost any old electronics device from the junkyard etc. will contain such PCBs (as these boards are called by those in the profession). Color may vary (green, red, brown etc).
Find a computer in the grabage? A good source of PCBs, even if more modern, but the technique is still the same today (albeit more complex).

It were a shame to spend money on that gem on ebay only to destroy it to get hold of a bit of PCB.

Thank you for that advice - I do agree the vintage calculator is a gem and don't like the idea of breaking it up, but I absolutely need the pcb to be dated to the right time period, i.e. must be mid to late seventies only, which is why I am looking for something which has a date for the item provided with a reasonable degree of certainty by the seller, and it does need to be green. Very long story as to why! Any other ideas as to where I could find such a thing would have my deepest thanks.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Opinion:
Must be an artist.
There is a lot of that stuff around. Where are you in Oz, Oh JeanGenie?

I'd swap just about any amount of old circuit board for that HP calculator, and with pleasure! I'm in Cairns.
:)