Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with Sharp CD-PC651 please.

Kontra

Aug 20, 2011
My stereo does not recongize the CD's I put in, it simply keeps skipping from 1-3 till it comes up with no DISC. I even tried burning new cd's at 4x speed but no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Does it refuse to play store-bought CD's too or is it only having problems with home-burned ones?
Did this total refusal to play happen suddenly or did it develop gradually? How much use has it seen?
If gradual development then try to tilt the stereo at a 45-60 degree angle while attempting to play a CD.
If this helps then the spindle motor (bearing) is worn. If not; have you tried to clean the lens?

Kontra

Aug 20, 2011
It refuses to play store-bought CD's too. Infact I dont even hear a spin, it just switches from disc to disc. I tried your suggestion to tilt it at an angle and it didn't work.

How would I go about cleaning the lens?

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
If there's no spin then a CD lens cleaner disc is of no use, and you have to open it up to inspect the lens.
If you're able to get at the lens, rub a (dry) Q-tip very gently on it. What about my 2nd & 3rd question btw.?

Kontra

Aug 20, 2011
Thanks, I will try that.

To your other questions. It happend suddenly and it has seen alot of use.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
CD not playing

Hi there.
Ive been lucky many times, the units have been given to me, the owner said going to buy a new one, i said i will try and fix it, no they said have it it yours if you want it.
Any way i open up the unit looking at the lens laser mechanism first. if your careful you can run it lid of and watch the process of loading disk pick up and the laser reading the disk, oh never look at a laser of any kind you could be blinded.
So i usually start with the obvious lens cleaning, isoprophil alcohol and a cotton bud gently though, might do the trick, you would be surprised how dust and muck find its way in, other fixes ive done are after someone has shoved the draw in violently, this normal means removing the whole draw assembly, not to hard to do, most have release tabs either side of the draw mechanism i have removed and re alined the draw, other failures include the power board, and ware and tear, the mechanics don't last for ever, but i have saved many a stereo system CD player etc from curtain death, the tip. Have a go as its a DVD ROM or WR its low voltage so safe to go into it, if its a mains powered unit take safe precautions. Dave. :)