Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with re connecting some speakers

Rory Dunn

Jul 11, 2016
I've had this Sharp stereo system for years now and it's got speakers connected to it wires. I have some queries about the wires. There are 4 holes, with the speakers having two wires (left & right) to fit in the holes however I was wondering if it's possible to take the wires out and if it's possible to somehow turn them into one jack that I can plug into a different device as I no longer use the stereo. I don't have much experience in engineering but I have friends who do and access to a workshop. Thanks ;)

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
Speakers are usually driven/powered by an amplifier within the stereo, or an external amplifier unit.

They cannot simply be wired to an audio jack. The amp is usually proportional to the size of the speakers.

What size speakers are they? I used to have a small external amplifier which had an audio jack and used this for my mobile, computer etc..

Last edited:

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
Also, check if the stereo has an AUX IN connection.

You can use a jack to jack cable and plug other devices into the stereo and use this as the amplifier.

Rory Dunn

Jul 11, 2016
Speakers are usually driven/powered by an amplifier within the stereo, or an external amplifier unit.

They cannot simply be wired to an audio jack. The amp is usually proportional to the size of the speakers.

What size speakers are they? I used to have a small external amplifier which had an audio jack and used this for my mobile, computer etc..

The stereo has a VIDEO/AUX port with a two holes: red & white. I've got a cable that plugs into there which then goes to a jack so that might work.

Sadlercomfort

Ash
Feb 9, 2013
Thats great :) I think your describing RCA Stereo Audio.

If you need help sourcing a new cable, search RCA to AUX.