Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help finding replacement transformer for oven control board

BoS

Jan 15, 2018
Here is the video of the voltage measurements on the transformer: (1.5 minutes)

Thank you very much,
you can send me scanned data sheet at email please,
Thanks one more and have a nice day.

BoS

Jan 15, 2018
Thank you very much,
you can send me scanned data sheet at email please,
Thanks one more and have a nice day.

O I did not see you already post picture, thanks they are all good visible,
I appreciate you hard work, Thanks

In Kamloops

Oct 22, 2017
You're welcome BoS. Good luck and please report back on this thread with your success. I'd like to know how it turns out for you.

O I did not see you already post picture, thanks they are all good visible,
I appreciate you hard work, Thanks

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Thanks for the info, I suspect the difference in the secondaries are because one is loaded a little higher, most likely open circuit they would be nearer equal.
M.

Tim Howell

Sep 22, 2019
Replaced transformer (Open Primary winding) with a Tamura xfmer manuf part number 3FS-212 $5.45 from Digikey and it has been working fine. Which means Triad Magnetics F12-090-C2 or Hammond Manufacturing 164D12 will also work. Because capXon capacitors were on the board I replaced the two 16V 100uF caps with nichicon UPW1C101MED. Replaced the 25V 1000uF cap with Cornell Dubilier Electronics (CDE) / SEK102M025ST. The kicker in getting a 6.3v parallel / 12.6 V series xfmr was the thumbrule that the voltage rating of a filter capacitor on a full wave bridge should be at least twice the voltage. 25/2 = 12.5V, also the must operate voltage on the 12 volt relays were 9.0 volts and 9.3 volts on the manufacturer spec sheets. In hindsight I could of bumped up the voltage rating on the 1000uF cap when I ordered parts. I also ordered VARISTOR 430V 2.5KA DISC 10MM, TDKElectronics Inc. / B72210S0271K101 (the blue thing) but did not replace. An extra 50 cent cost is nothing if I didn't order it and later found out I needed it. I would have to reorder it, pay the 9 bucks or whatever minimum shipping is and then have to wait for the part. Hope this helps. Now go fix your board! Tim

In Kamloops

Oct 22, 2017
thanks for this. great info for me if it happens to my in-laws stove again. All the best

Markus80

Oct 2, 2020
Hi Can you tell me the value of R41? I'm hoping that replacing this will fix the problem. If not, I will look at obtaining the other components. Thanks!

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Markus80 . . . . .
Got trouble with your bread burner . . . . . . e h h h h h h h ?
Initially in looking aside to other comparative resistors to evaluate for any potential photographic color shift. It looks . . .as best as the definition atttainable . . .to be a red-red-brown 220 ohm unit. Why are you suspect of it ? . . .or did you physically break it ?
Also, its in a relatively dead portion of the board with only adjunct power relays nearby.
Unless its smoked . . . and with the voltages ranges present on the board . . . . . only 22 or 220 ohm values typically could be suspect to fail and display any "charred" / " burnt" /or/ "burnt up" appearances..

73's de Edd . . . . .

Last edited:

Markus80

Oct 2, 2020
Hi and thank you! There was a power surge at one point and then we lost a bottom element. When we replaced the element, we found that it did not heat up properly so I checked the control board and R41 was burnt up and the element terminal was charred and desoldered. This seems to be a fairly common occurrence, as there have been others searching online for this same answer which you have provided me. I couldn't find a 220 so I tried a few 1/2W resistors in series adding up to 210. In any case, it made no difference: the oven still doesn't work. As a result, I decided its not worth my time (I would rather spend my free time considering the design of a gravity generator/battery for the home) so I purchased a new one online.

Reza Rouzikhah

Aug 13, 2021
Replaced transformer (Open Primary winding) with a Tamura xfmer manuf part number 3FS-212 $5.45 from Digikey and it has been working fine. Which means Triad Magnetics F12-090-C2 or Hammond Manufacturing 164D12 will also work. Because capXon capacitors were on the board I replaced the two 16V 100uF caps with nichicon UPW1C101MED. Replaced the 25V 1000uF cap with Cornell Dubilier Electronics (CDE) / SEK102M025ST. The kicker in getting a 6.3v parallel / 12.6 V series xfmr was the thumbrule that the voltage rating of a filter capacitor on a full wave bridge should be at least twice the voltage. 25/2 = 12.5V, also the must operate voltage on the 12 volt relays were 9.0 volts and 9.3 volts on the manufacturer spec sheets. In hindsight I could of bumped up the voltage rating on the 1000uF cap when I ordered parts. I also ordered VARISTOR 430V 2.5KA DISC 10MM, TDKElectronics Inc. / B72210S0271K101 (the blue thing) but did not replace. An extra 50 cent cost is nothing if I didn't order it and later found out I needed it. I would have to reorder it, pay the 9 bucks or whatever minimum shipping is and then have to wait for the part. Hope this helps. Now go fix your board! Tim
wowww. I have searched for some information about fixing my oven and finally I reached here and got everything I need. This site is an example of mutual cooperation to make the world better. Thank you all...

Reza Rouzikhah

Aug 13, 2021
As I wrote in the previous post, this is exactly what happened to me. With the information I got, I realized that the output of the transformer is 12 volts. To test to see if the board is damaged elsewhere, as well as for temporary use until I order and buy the transformer, I connected a DC voltage source (8 series 1.5 volt AAA batteries) with crocodile clips to the output of the diode bridge. The stove worked and we cooked the pizza. The next day, I thought of using 6 batteries instead of 8 (it was easier for me). The controller worked again. But after 30 seconds, smoke rose from the controller! I checked the R41 resistor was burned out!
Can anyone tell me why?
I also do not know the exact amount of resistor of R41? What percentage and how many watts? In the above posts, it is said that it is 220 ohms, but I am afraid I will make a mistake and it will be damaged elsewhere.

Last edited:

Reza Rouzikhah

Aug 13, 2021
photo_2021-09-13_17-40-17.jpg ....Finally I have repaired the control board by changing the transformer and the R41. it works fine..... if somebody has a question I am ready to explain everything. If the output voltage of transformer is around 9V the resistor R41 will be burnt ....

Last edited:

Tim Howell

Sep 22, 2019
Tim Howell: Just an update my board/Post I had the evil cmos error (I actually can't remember the error or error code) about 18 months ago. We experienced a ton of power outages when they paved our road (we live very rural). I do remember that I would need either an eprom/eeprom/eaprom reader/writer to repair and I did not have either (nor the knowledge) and I would need a good chip to read the data. I considered this the the death of the control board. I purchased a similar range on craigslist for $100. Unfortunately the the replacement range sits about 1/4 inch higher (with the adjustment screws set to minimum). I got over it.