Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help determining what pins go where

Pewphead

May 15, 2017
So, I'm still sort of a beginner with building circuits. I have a general understanding but some things are still foreign to me. I bought this kit from a place in China and after soldering components on one board, I realized there were 2, different, 8 pin chips. So I had put the wrong chip on and as cleanly as possible, I removed it but a few of the pads on the circuit board came with it. I need some help determining which pins go to which components on the board since the pads on the board are now gone. Thank you in advance.

The chip is an XKT-510
Datasheet is at
http://www.datasheetspdf.com/PDF/XKT-510/916346/1

I attached a picture of the board. Please forgive my soldering job. I was using a very old and dull tip on my soldering iron.

Attachments

• 20170515_102603.jpg
    20170515_102603.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 107

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I attached a picture of the board. Please forgive my soldering job. I was using a very old and dull tip on my soldering iron.

yeah, a real mess ;)
get in there with some solder wick and clean up all the pads of all that messy solder
then get an old tooth brush and some isopropyl and give the board a bit of a scrub to
get rid of all the solder flux
things should be a bit clearer after that

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
They sell 8-Pin DIP (dual-in line package) SOCKETs pretty cheap. When you get around to swapping-out
the IC's, you might want to consider installing a socket on the board first. Besides making it easier if you install a wrong chip, if the correct one ever fails during operation, it makes it a lot easier to repair the circuit and get yourself
up an running again (by just removing and replacing the IC).

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
They sell 8-Pin DIP (dual-in line package) SOCKETs pretty cheap. When you get around to swapping-out
the IC's, you might want to consider installing a socket on the board first.

this is surface mount, not through hole ;)

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
My old-school brain is as old as my eyes.
I went blind with cataracts. Now my eyes have new synthetic lenses in them and my vision is perfect.
My old body nearly died with a heart attack. Now I am young again with the blocked heart arteries held open with stents in them.
I think my brain is OK. No more booze nor Mary Wanna.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
but a few of the pads on the circuit board came with it.

The board send to have a very dark, near opaque solder mask making it very difficult to see where the tracks go.

After following Dave's advice, try finding lighting that reveals the traces.

Do you have the schematic (circuit diagram)?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Where's the diode in that 'D2' position? That looks like a jumper wire to me.
(At least my original eye lenses can still see that good enough Audioguru, hopefully it'll be a few more years before
I need to replace them.)