Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Napco R1000 Wireless Receiver

safetnet

Sep 11, 2018
I was hoping someone could help. I have been trying to find a "Napco R1000 wireless receiver" and "T1000 transmitter sensors" for sale. The R1000 receiver hardwires to the Napco Magnum 1008e system allowing the T1000's transmitters to replace hardwired magnetic reed switches. This is my residential alarm system. Drilling holes in my new windows will void a 25Yr warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
I used to work with your model panel back with it was new, in the 90's.

I wish you luck in finding those items. Napco is a good brand, but they got started using RF (wireless) late in the game, and those models were in production (IINM) for only a few years before Napco discontinued them when they upgraded their product line to the GEMINI series. The new GEM RF receivers and sensor/transmitters were incompatible with the R1000/T1000 series.

In other words, there weren't that many out there when they stopped making them about 20 years ago. I'm guessing the chances of finding any are slim, more so if you're trying to find more than a few, BUT...I haven't worked with old Napco panels in over 10 years, and somebody who does work with them might be able to help.

I recommending repeating your post on this forum:
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/electronic-home-security-systems-alarms-devices-87/
which is specifically for DIY security systems, and has alarm security techs frequent it. Someone may have some old RF Napco parts stashed on a shelf somewhere.

Sorry, I can't be more help, but all my older RF salvage stuff is other brands.

safetnet

Sep 11, 2018
I used to work with your model panel back with it was new, in the 90's.

I wish you luck in finding those items. Napco is a good brand, but they got started using RF (wireless) late in the game, and those models were in production (IINM) for only a few years before Napco discontinued them when they upgraded their product line to the GEMINI series. The new GEM RF receivers and sensor/transmitters were incompatible with the R1000/T1000 series.

In other words, there weren't that many out there when they stopped making them about 20 years ago. I'm guessing the chances of finding any are slim, more so if you're trying to find more than a few, BUT...I haven't worked with old Napco panels in over 10 years, and somebody who does work with them might be able to help.

I recommending repeating your post on this forum:
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/electronic-home-security-systems-alarms-devices-87/
which is specifically for DIY security systems, and has alarm security techs frequent it. Someone may have some old RF Napco parts stashed on a shelf somewhere.

Sorry, I can't be more help, but all my older RF salvage stuff is other brands.

ChosunOne, thank you, this is excellent information, explaining why I haven't had success finding what I need. Also thanks for the link, I will post there as well. All I need is any wireless receiver with hardwired switching capability. My Napco programming and zones could remain the same, although I have full access and capability to make any changes necessary. I was looking for a resolve for 9 new windows. Right now I'm leaning toward drilling holes and keeping them hardwired, which I prefer, but always open to intelligent ideas and suggestions. Again thank you for your experience and sharing that with me, it was a huge help.