Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motor Construction Diagram

electronicsLearner77

Jul 2, 2015
I have always confused myself with motor construction. To clarify it i have drawn a hand diagram of motor using an online tool. I am sorry i could not draw a very good picture. But please tell me if the concept is correct. It consists of stator with 3 phase winding and rotor with two poles of North and South.
motor.png

I am assuming that in the air gap the magnetic fields are generated based on the voltage you give to the winding. Please tell me if any mistakes.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Ever heard of Google? It even has search results based on 'pictures'.

You can get some perfect drawings of motor construction by Googling 'electric motor construction' and clicking on the 'images' button - saves trying to draw some dodgy pictures yourself.

Strangely (or conveniently) the Google website can also show links to sites dedicated to describing motor theory, practise and demonstration - static and moving models.

I offer the above as a service to all this forums users to prevent us having to re-invent the wheel.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
This is a format for either a 3 phase synchronous motor or a BLDC, the differences is in the commutation, the former uses 3phase power, the BLDC pulsed DC where two winding's are powered at any one time.
M.

electronicsLearner77

Jul 2, 2015
Thank you for the reply. Yeah i was trying to draw BLDC motor because in internet there are various kinds of motors with different construction, so got very confused.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
The common point, if any, is not usually brought out, stator is commonly 3 conductors only.
M.