Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Modifying pre made delay timer module

Jake5160

Mar 31, 2015
a32caa2acd.jpg

Hi. I bought a 9v dc delay timer module and id like to modify its function. When power is connected to the module the NC terminal activates and will turn on any device attached to NC and C. When connected to NO and C the device (9v motor in my case) will not turn on until the timer period starts. After an adjustable time period the relay switches back to NC and turns off the device. Id like to somehow modify it so that my motor will turn on only after the time period ends. Not while its on.

So in summary id like to be able to power the device, adjust the timer to a 10 sec delay, start the time delay, and once the 10 seconds is over the motor will turn on.

I hope that made sense. I appreciate any help.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
User manual for the timer module? You description is almost clear, and is missing a few details about what the adjustments and switches on the module do. Depending on the details, tt might be possible to do what you want with just adjustments. Is this what you want:

Power off - motor off
Power on - motor off
Power on for 10 seconds - motor starts
Motor runs for as long as Power is on
Power off - motor stops immediately

ak

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
I presume adjusting the pot does not give suitable delays?

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
At first glance the description and subsequent question seemed simple and clear. Unfortunately this is one of those post that should be read only once. This is because reviewing it does just the opposite of clarifying anything. Are you saying the maximum delay period isn't long enough or are you saying that you need different logic?

Chris

Edit: Post a link to the instruction manual or data sheet.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I found it on Ebay 5V Power On Delay Module

The time delay is variable from 100mS to 1Hr. so that can't be the issue. The control relay provides both NC/NO logic. So what's the question again ... stated differently?

Chris

Edit: Here's a 5-12V Delay Module that's far more descriptive

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I presume adjusting the pot does not give suitable delays?

that wasn't the problem

the problem is that the motor switches on at the start of the timing period rather than at the end of it

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Logic issue then...

For simplicity sakes, buy an Arduino....

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
that wasn't the problem

the problem is that the motor switches on at the start of the timing period rather than at the end of it

Dave, there appears to be 4 jumper headers on his board and we don't know what they do or if any of them can change that logic.

Chris

Jake5160

Mar 31, 2015
Hi, sorry for the confusion and my late response. Davenn is correct, the problem is that the motor switches on at the start of the timing period rather than at the end of it. The jumpers just adjust the delay period while the potentiometer fine tunes it.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Hi, sorry for the confusion and my late response. Davenn is correct, the problem is that the motor switches on at the start of the timing period rather than at the end of it. The jumpers just adjust the delay period while the potentiometer fine tunes it.
That's not entirely accurate. Jumper (S5) will connect the + input of the Control Vcc source to the common (C) terminal of the control relay. This begs an answer to the question that Alec asked.

Chris
VCC.png