Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Mechanical Switch and Electronics to Run a Picture Frame

dancephotographer

Dec 24, 2012
I'm a photographer - definitely not an electronics guy.

I am looking to be able to control a digital frame or small HD TV with a mechanical switch. I wan the switch to play different slide slows or different folders on an SD drive.

I would like it to all be some type of self contained unit - I don't want to run it from a computer. Ideally I would like to build this with off the shelf parts. Ideally the switch will be mechanical and not high tech looking.

Any advise on how to go about this project would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Mark
welcome and seasons greetings :)

well to any sort of controlling of a SD drive you are going to need a microprocessor of some sort. Its definately not going to be as easy and as straight forward job as you are imagining ;)

I dont have the micro skills to help you with that job but others here may be able to guide you in the right direction

Dave

dancephotographer

Dec 24, 2012
Media reader....

Thanks, Dave.

After a little research last night I was thinking a media reader does a lot of what I need. I'm wondering if that can be the base and can be modified in some way.

My preference would be to hire someone to do the electronics part.

Mark

Hi Mark
welcome and seasons greetings :)

well to any sort of controlling of a SD drive you are going to need a microprocessor of some sort. Its definately not going to be as easy and as straight forward job as you are imagining ;)

I dont have the micro skills to help you with that job but others here may be able to guide you in the right direction

Dave