Maker Pro
Maker Pro

May i know what kind of components is it?

Wilson2308

Jan 19, 2018
May i know what kind of components is it? If it is resistor how many ohm.

Attachments

• IMG_20180119_112455_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180119_112455_HDR.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 137

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Most probably a resistor, possibly could be an inductor, too.
You'll have to measure the value as neither an imprint no color bands are visible.

Wilson2308

Jan 19, 2018
Most probably a resistor, possibly could be an inductor, too.
You'll have to measure the value as neither an imprint no color bands are visible.
Cant even take reading because of defective,want to buy new once to replace it.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
No way - unless you have a good one for reference or a schematic and/or parts list telling you what it is and the value.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Looks as if it is a wirewound 'safety' resistor to me - potentially from the front end of a Switched Mode Power supply and the type of component that MUST be replaced with one of similar safety qualities.

Equipment make/model and/or pictures of its source would help.

Wilson2308

Jan 19, 2018
Looks as if it is a wirewound 'safety' resistor to me - potentially from the front end of a Switched Mode Power supply and the type of component that MUST be replaced with one of similar safety qualities.

Equipment make/model and/or pictures of its source would help.
Agree, that what i think ,is must be some safety purpose. It found in my multimeter device.blow after tested with high voltage device.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Everybody keeps asking you.
If you look up the make and model of your multimeter, you may be able to find a schematic for it that will tell you the component's value.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Wilson2308 . . . . .

Seeing the hard grey ceramikote conformal coating and a sloping spiral hump underneath it.I lean towards it being a wirewound resistor.
That being , instead of its other alternative of it being a metal film resistor.
A STRONG neobdmium magnet placed at its mid point might confirm a central powdered iron / ferrite core such as a wound inductor might have.
But ignore any attraction to its leads, as most metal amalgams are altered so as to be semi magnetic for machine handling at board robo stuffing operations.

1...Give us brand and model of the unit remove from, since positive Identification might be as close as its bill of materiel listings of its schematic.
2... Measure across the resistor leads with an ohmmeter, expecting a low or very low value . .ergo . . expecting it to be good.
3...If it reads open . . . .somehow,seems like it has not had enough overload across it to open circuit . .viewing its insulative conformal overcoating OR the probable peak power current capacity of the power supply associated with it.

Place a wire jumper, that shorts both ends of the resistor together.
Now take Ohmmeter in its lowest range and one of its leads connects to the now co-joined resistor leads and the other lead goes to either a metal single edged razor blade or a metal Exacto knife blade.

The meter lead is index finger /to /thumb clamped into contact to the blade . The blade is then pivoted over to the paired resistor leads to take an ohms resistance . . .it being mentally noted.
Then the very center of the resistor is scraped at a hump until the insulative coating opens and an ohms reading pops up.
Take that reading and subtract the earlier combined lead resistance presence, and double that resistance, and you should be very close to the original resistance of the unit.

73's de Edd

Wilson2308

Jan 19, 2018
Sir Wilson2308 . . . . .

Seeing the hard grey ceramikote conformal coating and a sloping spiral hump underneath it.I lean towards it being a wirewound resistor.
That being , instead of its other alternative of it being a metal film resistor.
A STRONG neobdmium magnet placed at its mid point might confirm a central powdered iron / ferrite core such as a wound inductor might have.
But ignore any attraction to its leads, as most metal amalgams are altered so as to be semi magnetic for machine handling at board robo stuffing operations.

1...Give us brand and model of the unit remove from, since positive Identification might be as close as its bill of materiel listings of its schematic.
2... Measure across the resistor leads with an ohmmeter, expecting a low or very low value . .ergo . . expecting it to be good.
3...If it reads open . . . .somehow,seems like it has not had enough overload across it to open circuit . .viewing its insulative conformal overcoating OR the probable peak power current capacity of the power supply associated with it.

Place a wire jumper, that shorts both ends of the resistor together.
Now take Ohmmeter in its lowest range and one of its leads connects to the now co-joined resistor leads and the other lead goes to either a metal single edged razor blade or a metal Exacto knife blade.

The meter lead is index finger /to /thumb clamped into contact to the blade . The blade is then pivoted over to the paired resistor leads to take an ohms resistance . . .it being mentally noted.
Then the very center of the resistor is scraped at a hump until the insulative coating opens and an ohms reading pops up.
Take that reading and subtract the earlier combined lead resistance presence, and double that resistance, and you should be very close to the original resistance of the unit.

73's de Edd
Thank for replying . The meter i use is techgear tg451dl

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Wilson2308 . . . . .

From the photo of the inside of this even HIGHER UPSCALE BRYMEN * meter.
(* The actual manufacturer of your TECHGEAR re-branded meter).
It just seems like this resistor is being a current shunt on the 10 amp function or its next lowest current function.

PICTO - REFERENCE . . . .

upload_2018-1-19_10-42-29.png

73's de Edd