Maintained to momentary switch converter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Apocalypso, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Apocalypso

Apocalypso

Hi,

I'm just curious if it is possible to get impulse from classic maintained 220v light switch, as a matter of fact I need to convert this toggle light switch to momentary to control impulse relay...

Thx in advance ;)

Lp,
    Teo

Apocalypso, Feb 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Apocalypso

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Germany-Europe-Earth-Sol System-Milky Way-Laniakea
    If you need to keep the original switch, you can connect it to the input of a monostable multivibrator to generate a single impulse.
    Otherwise replace teh switch by a momentary switch which is available in the same form factor for exactly this purpose.

Harald Kapp, Feb 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Apocalypso

Apocalypso

Hi,

thx for the quick respond, can U be a little bit more specific? Which kind of multivibrator, any schematic? The problem is that this switch is remotely controlled and I can't replace it momentary switch because momentary isn't available with remote control function and that is my main problem...

Apocalypso, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Apocalypso

AnalogKid

It the switch is switching 220 Vac and the impulse relay coil is rated for 220 Vac*and* continuous operation, then you don't need to convert the output from the switch to a momentary signal. What are the manufacturer and part number for the relay?

ak

AnalogKid, Feb 13, 2018
  5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso

Apocalypso, Feb 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question