Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Low power distance detection

phin

Mar 29, 2016
How about three antennas at the known location, offset in angle? The mobile receiver can detect the phase angle difference between the three signals and produce a kind of triangulation. Not a simple receiver, but I think it can be done with chips on the market today.

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
Ok, I used to play with transistor radios and finally came to the conclusion that in order to find that out that I would have to actually see what a radio frequency looks like...
I built a device that I called the GorCapGovernor, that was supposed to make a massing of radio frequencies between a shunt and a feedback array(simple tesla device only for radio instead of electricity). My final theory is this, not forsaking the proper electronical device formula "pi(r) to the third over J = I" ---- my theory...
"In a thirteen point line that begins and ends in 0-pi-infinity-x or 1, and contains 13 consequetive points... the line variates." Now I know what you are thinking... you are trying to find a point in the line that dictates the variation, but before you blow us all up let me finish.... the thing that my device created was a spherical anolemnous mass of what I can only describe as controlled static, that of which was supposed to be smaller than 2 inches in diameter- but was in fact an electrical snap of that size, followed by growing ball of this symetrical static, that expanded into a 6 foot diameter, and then shrunk back into the nothingness It had originated from.
Radio waves is a phrase invented by someone to identify the fact that the world has this frequency of radiation that humans have learned to exploit. natural conditions will hamper your progress to a halt or until you hurt yourself... Hey. try it in a lead box, then in an aluminum cage, then wrapped in a copper coil with a load in it... stuff a cap in the circuit and you will see why tasers work so well.
Loaded antennaes, suck ohms out of the amp... so watch that too!
if you need more signal, study signal. I think the answer is boosting the signal as it is getting stronger, and cutting it before it gets to weak. freq and active band... thats it!

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
PS... they have a system for that, that uses echo off of obstacles to find the most direct line of communications. Like I said, every location/condition is different. Even weather can effect radio waves. Across open water, they say it is as simple as line of sight...