Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking out for oppurtunities to do research under good professor/organisation

TheChronicScribbler

Nov 10, 2013
I am an electronics and communication engineering final year student. I have a 6.5/10 gpa. I do not have an exceptional academic record, or any finished research papers in my name to boast about. But I always wanted to be a researcher and problem-solver. I love computers and electronics.

This is why i took up engineering. But being taught lots of thoery without being provided with practical implications for the same killed my interest. I tried to find out things myself, but after the first year, workload caught up.

But now i am doing my final year project and it has rekindled my interest in appling what i learn. I feel stupid for not having done anything productive for the past 3 years, but i want to change that. I want to learn about embedded systems and HPC. From a practical point of view.

I wish to pursue M.S, but i am afraid i do not have enough understanding of the subject, or grades to get into a good university.

Is there any way i can work as an intern/research assistant under a good professor/organisation with my average academic grades, so that i can gain experience and learn the subject more thoroughly?