Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for eyelets that work for .1" spacing

Schectonater

Oct 17, 2016
I've been using eyelets like shown below for stuff I make for nasty environments. About a year ago I found a bag of small eyelets (yard sale) that I made work for .1" spaced components. The inside diameter was roughly .045" and the outside flange width was .075". I used them and I didn't take any pictures. Does anybody know who manufactures these small eyelets?

dave_eyelets1.JPG

dave_eyelets2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Home made matrix board?

I've seen similar eyelets used in circuits requiring plenty of isolation (electrometer circuits) but these were built on Teflon board (or something that appears similar). These were built so long ago I'd not know where to even look for them today.

What's the special conditions that demand this construction over something more conventional?

Schectonater

Oct 17, 2016
Home made matrix board?

I've seen similar eyelets used in circuits requiring plenty of isolation (electrometer circuits) but these were built on Teflon board (or something that appears similar). These were built so long ago I'd not know where to even look for them today.

What's the special conditions that demand this construction over something more conventional?

CNC, vibration, coolant mist, other caustic stuff

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Try this web page for sources. They are usually called PCB socket pins, and are available with closed or open ends. You can also purchase ferules for soldering components and the ferules do not contain a socket mechanism, which is probably what you want. Problem is finding the right dimensions for your wire sizes and PCB thickness. Look here for PCB eyelets. Also, try searching the usual on-line distributor catalogs.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
If you have an arbor press with the right dies, brass rivets work well. Set them and then drill them out for through-holes. Or leave them "as is" for point-to-point wiring. And I agree with @chopnhack on the board material. You can purchase blank FR material and then after constructions spray or brush on it a conformal water-proof coating.

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Set them and then drill them out for through-holes. \n and then after constructions spray or brush on it a conformal water-proof coating.
They do make open brass rivets too.
The conformal spray is cheap and easy - also has high dielectric value - probably will spray that on the project we are discussing Hop to reduce leakage current ;-) Maybe I can go back to etching less copper and relying on the coating!