Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Looking for a Multiple FM frequency transmitter for simultaneous music streams

andy taylor

Dec 29, 2016
Hi,

I am looking to find a device that can transmit multiple simultaneous music streams each to a different FM frequency that can be selected. Each music stream would be from a separate device (smartphone/laptop/mp3) and uses the headphone jack to connect to the device. Range within 200 meters. FM frequencies should be able to be selected (ie to only broadcast on an empty frequency) manually. Battery operated great or mains not a problem either. 4-10 channels if possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Andy

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I don't know a suitable multiple transmitter. I suggest you use several simple single transmitters as can be used to listen to music from your MP3 player on your car radio.

Make sure you observe local regulations concerning the use of radio frequencies in the FM broadcast spectrum.

andy taylor

Dec 29, 2016
I don't know a suitable multiple transmitter. I suggest you use several simple single transmitters as can be used to listen to music from your MP3 player on your car radio.

Make sure you observe local regulations concerning the use of radio frequencies in the FM broadcast spectrum.
Thank you, i have tried having multiple car transmitters and it works ok but each needs its own power source (cables cables and more cables) and the range is only around 30 meters diameter, i need something a little more powerful and as long i i keep it under the 150-200 meter range here i am ok legally but will check that out officially. Would be nice to have something more compact, i can probably make up a multiple stacked FM transmitter board but if i can buy something to test it out would be preferred.

sundy

Aug 5, 2016

andy taylor

Dec 29, 2016
This looks like just the thing i am looking for, dad is an electronic engineer so he can help me put it together. Looks like tho they have discontinued selling this product know anything about that?

andy taylor

Dec 29, 2016
Thank you, thank you. I think a set of 4 of these will do me just fine. do you know the effective range? from the map it looks like1km or so?

sundy

Aug 5, 2016
Too many variables to say. If you on top of a hill with no obstacles to your receivers a 1km or more is probable. If you are down the hall behind a block wall with a metal fire door it might only be 50 feet.

andy taylor

Dec 29, 2016
perfect i will be using on a big beach/open park. I will get one and give it a test. Again thank you :)

GhostLoveScore

Nov 27, 2016
I say be very careful. As a radio amateur I know how high fines for illegal use of RF spectrum are. There are extensive laws for hams and what we are allowed and what we aren't allowed to do. I am messing with TV transmitters too, but what I do is always limited to at most 30m range. Transmitting sound on commercial FM frequencies over 1km range - you could get in trouble.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I say be very careful. As a radio amateur I know how high fines for illegal use of RF spectrum are. There are extensive laws for hams and what we are allowed and what we aren't allowed to do. I am messing with TV transmitters too, but what I do is always limited to at most 30m range. Transmitting sound on commercial FM frequencies over 1km range - you could get in trouble.

Agreed
COMREG is the authority for licencing legalities in Ireland
https://www.comreg.ie/industry/radio-spectrum/licensing/
. I would be extremely surprised if your can transmit signals in the FM band over a 200m or so range
you would interfere with every FM radio receiver in the area ...
I see a lot of very upset people complaining to the authorities in your future

here is a list of exempt transmitter/transmission types
https://www.comreg.ie/industry/radio-spectrum/licence-exemptions/list-of-licence-exemptions/

broadcasting .....
https://www.comreg.ie/industry/radio-spectrum/licensing/search-licence-type/broadcasting-services/

and also ... if you are broadcasting "commercial music" .... music produced by any band, group
that you didn't produce, you will also need to be paying royalties for the use of that music

Dave

Last edited:

sundy

Aug 5, 2016
I have no knowledge of European regs concerning RF transmission. What I do is find an un-used frequency and transmit on that frequency.

GhostLoveScore

Nov 27, 2016
Laws are similar everywhere. What is the power of your transmitter? How big is its range?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have no knowledge of European regs concerning RF transmission. What I do is find an un-used frequency and transmit on that frequency.

that doesn't make it legal ;)