Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Led Timer Circuit

ParanoidAndroid1

Oct 2, 2018
Hey I wanted to make a simple circuit where you push a push to make switch and the circuit will light up/ Flash an LED for 10s before fading out. I Know you can use parrelell capacitors to fade the light, and possibly a 555 timer or microcontroller for the led light up delay. But I don't have a clear idea how to put it together or if there would be a much cheaper way of doing it.
Any help would be much appreciated

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If you make a LED flasher from a couple of Schmitt trigger inverters, and power it from a capacitor, it will continue to flash, but get dimmer and dimmer as the capacitor discharges.

Work the remaining gates in the package you can create a 1 shot 10 second timer which will power the circuit for 10 seconds (using a mosfet).

Pressing the button should apply power to the circuit and trigger the 10 second timer.

The end result is that the LED will flash for 10 seconds and then continue to flash while the LED gets dimmer.

Anoth we approach is to use a microcontroller which can be programmed to do the same thing. In this case the brightness of the LED can be controlled with PWM.

ParanoidAndroid1

Oct 2, 2018
If you make a LED flasher from a couple of Schmitt trigger inverters, and power it from a capacitor, it will continue to flash, but get dimmer and dimmer as the capacitor discharges.

Work the remaining gates in the package you can create a 1 shot 10 second timer which will power the circuit for 10 seconds (using a mosfet).

Pressing the button should apply power to the circuit and trigger the 10 second timer.

The end result is that the LED will flash for 10 seconds and then continue to flash while the LED gets dimmer.

Anoth we approach is to use a microcontroller which can be programmed to do the same thing. In this case the brightness of the LED can be controlled with PWM.
I understand what your saying but how would the circuit be set up is there anyway you could draw a crude circuit diagram

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Well....

You could do it this way

flash-fade-1.jpg

or this way

flash-fade-2.jpg

(and probably many other ways as well).

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You could use almost any microcontroller, and the choice of leads depends on the program you've written and downloaded to it.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Those would be skills you need to learn.

What are you trying to do? There may be an easier way.

ParanoidAndroid1

Oct 2, 2018
I just want a simple circuit that when a button is pushed flashes an LED so many times before turning off

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I have two circuits that came in cheap items from The Dollar Store. They have a red and a blue LED and when shaked they quickly flash the red then switch to quickly flashing the blue exactly 32 times for each pair then it turns off. I replaced the shaker switch with a pushbutton switch. Each circuit is powered by three 1.5V button cells in series.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I just want a simple circuit that when a button is pushed flashes an LED so many times before turning off
Do a bit of reading or watch a few videos on Arduino, the kind of thing it was designed for.
Projects such as this are done by primary school kids, not that difficult if you are prepared to do a bit of study.
Make an attempt at least to learn and the good people at Arduino will help out if you get stuck.
Don't expect others to do the work for you.

ParanoidAndroid1

Oct 2, 2018
I can understand it as done several modules in C code and programming machinery just trying to figure other ways as an expensive thing to get started in for a small project