Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED sound to light project. Update

chris8477a

Dec 13, 2011
:DHi All

just wanted to give you an update on some of the projects Ive been working on,

have uploaded my first ever vid on Youtube (whoop whoop)

have a look, see what ya think and any feedback sugguestions.

(Advanced warning - "Ums" and Errors in abundance lol

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The volume seems to drop out at some points, but it certainly looks like it's working.

The LEDs seem pretty bright (even when you turned the lights back on at the end of the video).

I can't remember how you were driving them exactly, you're sure they're not being over-driven?

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
nice, what thread did you post that schematic in? One to put away for a future project. My daughter would absolutely love to get a pair of those for her room, even if she is 3. :)

chris8477a

Dec 13, 2011
The volume seems to drop out at some points, but it certainly looks like it's working.

The LEDs seem pretty bright (even when you turned the lights back on at the end of the video).

I can't remember how you were driving them exactly, you're sure they're not being over-driven?

Hello

their 10,000mcd LED's, the lights react to the bass so when the the music get quieter - yes the lighting does get dimmer, but I actually didnt turn the music down. The brightness of the lights can be controlled by lowering the volume output from the control room function on the mixer, Over driving them - ?? no idea dont know enough electronics to check..lol but left them working for 2 hours, - no over heating of any components and all seems to be working well.....lol

Im working on a high pass frequency lighting aswell do that I can put an entire row along the top of my stand so that this will react in the sam way. Its a 2 purpose function, 1) for additional lighting, 2) to hide wiring from other lighting lol....

thanks for the reply...

Chris

chris8477a

Dec 13, 2011
nice, what thread did you post that schematic in? One to put away for a future project. My daughter would absolutely love to get a pair of those for her room, even if she is 3. :)

Hello

actually, I dont think I uploaded this project on here...lol must have been a different site,, any way, have uploaded a really knaff "Paint" drawn schematic, but it is a very easy design.

regards
Chris

Attachments

• LED light Circuit.JPG
    LED light Circuit.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,208

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You might be able to reduce the power used by putting some of the LEDs in series, but currently they'll be pretty safe at about 30mA max. And if the current drain isn't an issue