Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Light with dusk to dawn function

tank59

Jan 27, 2014
So, I'm needing to build or find a LED light that will illuminate about a 2' long by 3' wide by 5" deep space. I need it to be as compact as possible so that I have the ability to flush mount the unit and hide it as much as possible. The real tricky part is that I need it to have a dusk to dawn function, with a toggle switch that I can turn the light 'on', turn it 'off', or turn it to 'auto', which would turn the dusk to dawn function on. It will have a plug end, going into a standard household 120v receptacle. I guess my question is, how difficult is something like this to make, and where could I get something like this made? I've thought about trying to make something myself simply as a prototype but am having difficulty figuring out how to incorporate the dusk to dawn function with the control switch, especially when considering the aspects of switching 120ac to 12dc. Any ideas or suggestions?

jcurrie

Feb 22, 2011
google dark activated circuits , i found several dark activated circuits .
jc

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
There is hundreds of these at many stores:
---> http://www.maxximastyle.com/led-nig...gclid=CPrems-Xn7wCFe1aMgodCnEAfw#.UubAPM9Onrc

If you want it smaller, canibalize its guts discarding the housing.

Just add a 3 position switch on the side to turn off, bypass the sensor, or use its
sensor.

The internal DC supply to the switch common terminal;
Position 1 connects its internal DC supply to nothing (off)
Position 2 connects its internal DC supply to normal circuit (auto)
Position 3 connects its internal DC supply to the LED directly (on)