Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Help needed

Shay

Apr 22, 2018
Hello and Thanks for such a great forums.

I am a newbie, and working on a prototype, what I need to know is how can I have several LEDs connected to rechargeable battery (USB port).

The colours of LEDs would be Blue and Orange, please ask me questions if my thread is unclear.

Any help highly appreciated.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
There is a resource about driving leds, Click on resouces and then select the led section.
5V will drive one led with a series resistance. Many strings can be added in parallel. If the power supply can deliver 1A and each led takes 10mA, then 100 leds can be driven. If you use 20mA, then 50 would be the maximum.

Shay

Apr 22, 2018
Thanks to 3 of you :) I am reading it now and will come back again after having a list of components to buy to know your thoughts.
PS if there a section to post the prototype I am working on to get some advice on that as well?

Best regards
Shay

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
,,, if there a section to post the prototype I am working on to get some advice on that as well? ...
There is a section called Project Logs that you can visit to see if posting there would appropriate to your needs. Or you can just start a thread with a descriptive title and post a description of what you are trying to do. The better the description, the better the answers you will receive. Please don't make us play guessing games to pull the information we need to help you. Words are cheap, but time is money. Be as complete as possible in your first post and build on from there based on our responses. Good luck with your project, whatever it is...

Shay

Apr 22, 2018
There is a section called Project Logs that you can visit to see if posting there would appropriate to your needs. Or you can just start a thread with a descriptive title and post a description of what you are trying to do. The better the description, the better the answers you will receive. Please don't make us play guessing games to pull the information we need to help you. Words are cheap, but time is money. Be as complete as possible in your first post and build on from there based on our responses. Good luck with your project, whatever it is...
Thanks, it's now already in there.