Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Driver

mikeb

Apr 9, 2017
I am designing a flashlight for firemen that hangs on their coat and will have 1 high mode . The only 3A current output driver I could find is for 5 modes of light. How can I change the driver to a single on/off mode at 3A. It seems there should be a way to change it to one mode.

The flashlight is the size of a cell phone with a catadioptic 3 degree beam angle that has a 800 meter beam throw. It penetrates smoke very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incony

Apr 4, 2017
I am designing a flashlight for firemen that hangs on their coat and will have 1 high mode . The only 3A current output driver I could find is for 5 modes of light. How can I change the driver to a single on/off mode at 3A. It seems there should be a way to change it to one mode.

The flashlight is the size of a cell phone with a catadioptic 3 degree beam angle that has a 800 meter beam throw. It penetrates smoke very well.

what driver are you using? something like this? https://www.monolithicpower.com/Pro.../LEDLighting&Illumination/Vin_max_44V/MP24833

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Welcome to the forums Mike. I've removed your e-mail address from your post, as it'll be picked up by spammers that scrape e-mail addresses from the web. Also, one of the main benefits of a forum is that other people can see the replies, so having them posted in public (rather than by e-mail) will help other people too.