Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Large project, compatibility and coding help needed

pusur44017

Nov 16, 2015
Please refer to this.
with the coding found here.

First, the cost is an issue. Am I in the clear by utilizing 2 of these?

I would like to add and tweak the lighting modes. I have programmed before, on a very beginner level, and I understand some of the code this project uses, but I need help. If you have problems understanding what I am talking about, please refer to the video in the first link.

*For the lightning mode, I would like to add speakerless activation. (in addition to the speaker one) (*)
*For the changing color (not trippy/acid as described by the website) I would like it to slow down. (*)
*I would like to add a slow changing white mode, which just fades in and out. (**)
*A dimmed version of the thunder effect (addition to other thunder effects) (*)

(*) = tweak to exsisting mode
(**) = New mode
There are already 3 modes in the code, if I can do this, I want there to be 6 in total, but some of them, I believe can be archived by simply copying existing code and changing a few parameters. I should also add that I have never programmed Arduino, but I am going on a course to learn, but shipping will take so long that I need to order now, and for me to want to make this project, I want to have at least some of the modes I describe.

Feel free to ask if you need more information on the components I plan to use or other.

(All components *should* be the same as described in the post)
I will also need help with other parts of this project and if you think this is interesting and want to help, have a look here.

Thank you in advance,
-pusur

Last edited:

pusur44017

Nov 16, 2015
Alright, nobody has replied, which means I am probably asking too much of you. I might be able to code some lighting modes myself but I need to learn how to associate IR codes with them. While figuring out finer details of the project, I have also learned that I would like to control a relay with the remote. The project uses I2C to communicate between the two Arduinos. If this is problematic because it is little known, I do not require this to be used, but it has to be able to communicate with the 2nd Arduino which controls the lights. Similarly, I have in my limited research figured out that there are different ways of IR usage, and I do not care which one you use, as long as it works.

If we start off with something simple, how would I go about using this (24 key) remote with this sensor trying to control this relay?

-pusur

Doug3004

Sep 5, 2014
Please refer to this.
with the coding found here.

First, the cost is an issue. Am I in the clear by utilizing 2 of these?

I would like to add and tweak the lighting modes. ......

Thank you in advance,
-pusur
First off, yes the cheaper Arduino clones should work just the same. The China clones may have different USB plugs and chips, but they should work in the Arduino IDE the same.

It would be a lot easier to get this thing working by following the tutorial you already have, and then ask about altering the lighting modes. You don't even need to build the whole "cloud" thing, just get the electronics parts together and working.

Also I'd suggest you make the fluff replaceable somehow. I would expect that it would get dirty over time and need replacing.