Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Just like to say....

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
This is a reply to Kris from an active topic. I put it here as to not drag it off topic.

https://www.electronicspoint.com/need-help-power-failure-alarm-circuit-t254273p4.html#post1565451

Yeah, they don't seem very friendly. They do have a good resident expert though.

Ron H, I think his name is. Very knowledgeable.

Yes, Ron H is a 555 wizard. Sgt.Wookie and others are quite bright too. Brainpower is not their problem. The place is just downright stuffy! Personally a good high colonic might go a long way over there. The place is up tight! I was a member there a long time but really didn't know anyone on a personal basis. Wookie is about the only guy that I would call so much as an acquaintance. The Mods have the sense of humor of a clam. They are also trigger happy. The slightest hint of a Mains, Automobile, Boat, Trailer, RV etc, would lock a topic faster than sh!t through a Goose.

I made my last post there while involved with nubie wanting to weld directly off the Mains. I was in the middle of pointing out the dangers when they locked the thread. You can't PM the Mods there, so I dug until I found a method of contacting them. What I received was a canned message of forum bylaws. When I pleaded that I should have been given the courtesy of warning the OP of the dangers I received nada, zip, nothing.

In contrast, within a few weeks of joining EP I learned what Tuck is. Our members, mods are colorful, have a sense of humor, drink beer and wine and like to recreate & party. In short, living breathing people are found here.

Since Trek Pure changed my life and habits I have cut way back on my beer consumption. Not everyone is happy about this. Particularly my barmaids. I would put a waver day or days on that point if you or any of the great folks I've met here passes through South Florida! We have many new microbreweries now which actually produce real beer!

Chris

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
This is a reply to Kris from an active topic. I put it here as to not drag it off topic.

https://www.electronicspoint.com/need-help-power-failure-alarm-circuit-t254273p4.html#post1565451

Yes, Ron H is a 555 wizard. Sgt.Wookie and others are quite bright too. Brainpower is not their problem. The place is just downright stuffy! Personally a good high colonic might go a long way over there. The place is up tight! I was a member there a long time but really didn't know anyone on a personal basis. Wookie is about the only guy that I would call so much as an acquaintance. The Mods have the sense of humor of a clam. They are also trigger happy. The slightest hint of a Mains, Automobile, Boat, Trailer, RV etc, would lock a topic faster than sh!t through a Goose.

I made my last post there while involved with nubie wanting to weld directly off the Mains. I was in the middle of pointing out the dangers when they locked the thread. You can't PM the Mods there, so I dug until I found a method of contacting them. What I received was a canned message of forum bylaws. When I pleaded that I should have been given the courtesy of warning the OP of the dangers I received nada, zip, nothing.

In contrast, within a few weeks of joining EP I learned what Tuck is. Our members, mods are colorful, have a sense of humor, drink beer and wine and like to recreate & party. In short, living breathing people are found here.

Since Trek Pure changed my life and habits I have cut way back on my beer consumption. Not everyone is happy about this. Particularly my barmaids. I would put a waver day or days on that point if you or any of the great folks I've met here passes through South Florida! We have many new microbreweries now which actually produce real beer!

Chris

Sgt Wookie is the only intelligent person on that site! The rest are a bunch of pussie lliberals and old hippies!

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
I think Ron H is a lot more than a 555 wizard. But I agree regarding the attitudes there. Perhaps that's because it's a much bigger site than Electronics Point.

Whatever the reasons, I'm very happy to be here. We have a wide range of experience and a good attitude, I think.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Sgt Wookie is the only intelligent person on that site! The rest are a bunch of pussie lliberals and old hippies!

Gonzo, you're a hoot! My kinda guy!!!!!! I think we're kindred spirits. ;)

Friends and family always say if you want an unvarnished opinion ask Chris'. He never holds anything back. Whatever is in his head comes right out his mouth!

Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
TThe Mods have the sense of humor of a clam.

I think about the posts I have made in the past day or so and wonder if I should apply there... :(

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I think about the posts I have made in the past day or so and wonder if I should apply there... :(

Why am I always out of the loop? This is the second time in about three weeks that I've had to ask what posts? It could have been 3 months though. In retirement it's easy to mix up weeks vs months! :D

I definitely have a sense of humor so I know it when I see, hear it. You definitely have one. After all... I saw your picture!! :p

Chris

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
it is really difficult not to get a bit harsh some times
when questions are repeatedly asked and never answered

But we all still much do our best in the face of adversary, to try and keep a level head,
try to be good teachers with lots of patience :)

there is one lad who is going to have a second thread of his locked again very soon if he doesn't give some clear direction to his project

Not sure if its my place... but ....
Can I ask, for the sake of keeping the Electronics Point forum a good place to be ....
try and avoid too much of the ummm wooo wooo comments within the person's thread
venting in here is a, not perfect, but a better way

I just don't want to see what Ian has built up become too degraded :)
we don want to end up like that other forum you are talking about, and I would hate for people to be referring to Electronics Point in the same vein ( or is that vain?)

cheers
Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would prefer to reserve woo woo comments for threads where people are promoting or trying to achieve over-unity (or similar) and refuse to consider the laws of thermodynamics to be applicable.

People who just don't understand, or have trouble grasping concepts, or can't put their idea into words, or even those who want to keep it secret can pose some difficulties, but without them we wouldn't need to be here.

I was recently a little upset at someone who decided it was a good idea to send me a PM if I hadn't responded fast enough to his posts.

attachment.php

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I would hope that if any of us got out of line within a topic you guys would PM us mach schnell!

I realize that was a general statement with no cross hairs on anyone in particular, ... but I gotta know. Have I done that? I confess that I occasionally reach the end of my rope.

Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Dave, I'm guilty as sin! I went back over the 80mV transmitter post that triggered the Woo Woo topic. Sho-nuff, I didn't coin it but I certainly resurrected the Nubies Secret Circuit Circus comment. It has such a clever ring to it. I couldn't help myself.

Chris

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Chris... I'm more worried about tasty - semi nasty comments that could start happening in the heat of frustration

telling some clown who really doesnt get the message, that he must be smoking whacky baccky etc isnt really a problem.
I just dont want to see it degrading into what could be termed personal abuse or something akin to it....
ya know what I mean ?

Dave

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Dave, unless I've missed posts like that it seems like an unnecessary worry. The little trash talk that I've seen has been confined to the members lounge. Admittedly, even the lounge has to have some civility and decorum. That's why we have you guys. ;)

For the record, Gonzo's reply made me laugh because he's a gut to mouth guy. Admittedly that post probably fits your area of concern. On the up side it was posted here. Makes me wonder what happened between him and AAC. Maybe he'll share..?

Chris

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
There's a site bigger than Electronics Point?

Last edited:

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
EP may be smaller than AAC but I don't like rattling around in a big house anyway.

Chris

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I guess I DID modify that post before time ran out.
I'm not retired yet, been working, so didn't get back onto this site until now.
Thanks for the info CDRIVE.
How's the bicycling going? I hear it makes hair grow on your chest too.

Last edited:

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
It certainly wasn't me! Hey, you still have time to edit that post before the time expires. I will do same. ;)

Chris

Edit: Done

Last edited:

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
shrtrnd, why is that post still there? Your time limit is going to expire,.. if it hasn't already.
After that happens only the Mods will have edit access to it.

Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I guess I DID modify that post before time ran out.
I'm not retired yet, been working, so didn't get back onto this site until now.
Thanks for the info CDRIVE.
How's the bicycling going? I hear it makes hair grow on your chest too.

You edited the wrong one. It's this one. You don't want that there.
https://www.electronicspoint.com/just-like-say-t262467p2.html#post1565765

2,953 miles and 212 lbs. Down from about 250lbs. My 67 year old legs are like steel I-beams! ;) We even peddle to our watering holes.

Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Yes, you cleaned it up.

Chris