Jumpstarting unit PS1100 may be incapable of charging?

Discussion in 'Electronics Repair' started by Benny7440, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:57 PM.

1. Benny7440

Benny7440

This unit was given to me many years ago but the battery was dead and I left it untouched a long time. I then needed to charge a car battery but it's not performing the job. I would like to diagnose the unit and repair it if not too costly.

The power cable is missing but I connected it to the AC line by means of a broken extention. The cables to the battery can't get to the poles of the battery and I used "probably" a too thin couple of cables. I know this has an effect on the power getting to the battery but... Need ideas as to how to proceed!

Thanks in advanced for any help on this issue!

Benny7440, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    1. Advertisements

2. Benny7440

kellys_eye

Pictures?

kellys_eye, Dec 6, 2017 at 7:35 PM
    1. Advertisements

3. Benny7440

Benny7440

I've disconnected the Power Supply to the unit and measured it and it read almost zero volts but it's suppoesed to give ~15 DC volts. I'm in the process of connecting another suitable source. After finishing with this step I'll post the outcome of it.

Benny7440, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:39 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question