Maker Pro
Maker Pro

It's only polite I introduce myself!

markdixon

Oct 15, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am fairly new around here and have already made a first post (question!) in the Circuit help area.
I am also fairly new at electronics but like to keep dabbling with bits and pieces, but due to my job and experience, this has mainly been with microcontrollers (Arduino, .net Duino and the such, but no PIC's (yet ;)).
I work for a large IT Company as a 2nd/3rd line technical support engineer.

I am working on getting Cisco accredited and have a project in mind to go along with this.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome to Electronics point Mark.

Looks like you're getting assistance on that thread you started.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi ya Mark

welcome to Electronics Point, good to have you aboard. I'm not a micro guy myself but there's a few on here that are :)

cheers
Daqve

markdixon

Oct 15, 2014
Certainly have, and will be posting more questions as I got along with my project!

I know this isn't the place to ask question but what is the feeling on Arduinos and the such around here? I know some groups/forums frown on them whereas others embrace their use.
I may be asking questions on recommended boards with suitable I/O pins and processing power later on ;)

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to the forum, Mark.

Neither do we frown upon Arduinos nor do we have a special section for them.
Have a question about programming? Go to the "microcontrollers and programming" forum.
Have a question about an interface circuit? Probably the "circuit help" forum is the right one.
Want to show off a project of yours? Go to the "project logs" forum.

You may also be interested in our "ressources" for some basic information.

Cheers,
Harald

Reactions: Ian

markdixon

Oct 15, 2014
@Harald Kapp, I had turned my brain off for a minute and totally forgot about the Microcontroller section I was reading just minutes before replying to the above post!

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Welcome aboard Mark, great to have you join us :).

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Certainly have, and will be posting more questions as I got along with my project!

I know this isn't the place to ask question but what is the feeling on Arduinos and the such around here? I know some groups/forums frown on them whereas others embrace their use.
I may be asking questions on recommended boards with suitable I/O pins and processing power later on ;)

I'll tell you Once I get my Nano working. The installation of the USB drivers are a nightmare, I have logged a tech support question but have not heard anything yet. Tried allsorts but just can't load the sketch.
Adam