Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ITI SX-V Alarm system

beersly101

Dec 16, 2010
Hi guys, I have an older system that the alarm company that installed it says that they can't program it any more. The system is a ITI SX-V. The system still works fine but it's showing 91 on the CPU witch means the CPU battery is bad. So my question is will the system loose all its memory if I try to put a new battery in? What type battery? Do I really need a programmer to change programming or can I do it from the touch keypad?

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
1) possibly
2) look first
3) possibly

We have occasionally had alarm system experts here, so someone may have a better answer. But you're wise to ask, because bad things are certainly a possibility.

Generally speaking, I would consider changing the CPU battery while the power is on to minimise the risk of loss of data. I would be fairly confident that it's stored in non-volatile memory and that all you will lose is the date and time, but that is by no means certain.

busine9635

Dec 19, 2010
Hi guys, I have an older system that the alarm company that installed it says that they can't program it any more. The system is a ITI SX-V. The system still works fine but it's showing 91 on the CPU witch means the CPU battery is bad. So my question is will the system loose all its memory if I try to put a new battery in? What type battery? Do I really need a programmer to change programming or can I do it from the touch keypad?

Thanks

Hello my name is jeff Pauldo

The Sx-V is no longer Manufactured. It is getting harder and harder to get parts for something that is no longer manufactured. Most alarm Companies will try and upgrade your system to a more up to date system which is quiet costly. The SX-V will loose its memory if you change the battery when the power to the panel is completely gone. If that infacts happened you will then need a programer to program all your door sensors and motions back into the system. I would write down the make of the battery and go to radio shack or a battery company over the internet. Once you have the battery, change the battery with the power on. You should be good.

Jeff
JP Electronics & Surveillance

beersly101

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks Jeff, that's exactly what I will do. I was told that the system was programmed at a central station where they monitored it and I wouldn't even be able to program it if I had a hand held programmer. Is this true?

Thanks Again
Happy Holidays!

MLCANADA

Jun 8, 2020
I am also in need of the elusive ITI SX-V Handheld Programmer. Does anyone know of someone who would part with theirs, assuming their last customer has upgraded to a newer system. I think it might be called the 60-371 ITI Handheld programmer. Any hints of where to look would also be appreciated.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
MLCANADA, I'm pretty sure I have that programmer somewhere in all my old stuff I could never bring myself to throw away. It may take me some time to locate it. If memory serves, I got it without the connector cable, which I think I also have in some _other_ forgotten location, but in any case the cable is nothing specialized and can be be generic. Both ends connect to a standard set of pins.

Unfortunately, as I said, I'm going to have to root through a lot of packed-away junk to find the programmer and cable. I also have a bunch of SX-V door/window (D/W) and motion sensor-transmitters that I've long since given up on ever using.

That generation of equipment was discontinued almost 30 years ago, early '90s, but I was still keeping a few of those systems working as late as the late-2000s. I'm retired now and only work on a few of my personal customers/friends' systems, none of which are that old, or that brand. So I'm ready to part with any and all of my ITI (now GE) equipment.

If you can wait a few days (may take more), I'll see if I can dig the programmer and cable. Once I find it, we can private-message on this board to exchange mailing addresses and/or phone numbers.

PS: Searched "ITI 60-371 programmer" on eBay and found this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/60-371-SK-...356060?hash=item3b46d3cc9c:g:X00AAOSwyKhetZ-E
If you're in a hurry, this might be your fastest way to get the programmer you need. 90 USD is a fairly good price, IMHO, but if you can spare a few days, I'll give you a significant discount. I'd just like to see it go to use--I hate seeing working equipment thrown away.
BTW, if you're located in Canada, you might mention that.

MLCANADA

Jun 8, 2020
You have been most helpful. I have pursued the ebay item for expediency but would be pleased to consider your item and accessories as well if you have a chance to complete your archeological dig. Let me know what you find, and again thankyou.