Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is YouTube hacked?

Number

Jun 9, 2013
So I was trying to view some videos and I got this, for the third time tonight...

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-06-19 23:03:24.jpg
    Screenshot from 2013-06-19 23:03:24.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 282

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Ah, their infinite monkeys are trying their hand at Shakespeare again I see.

Not too close yet though.

I'd say what you're seeing is a server error. Maybe they're having trouble, maybe they're the subject of some sort of DOS attack (good luck to that), or maybe its just random weirdness.

But I doubt it's as a result of a hack -- surely they'd do something more unusual (this is a normal error message from youtube)

Number

Jun 9, 2013
Ah, their infinite monkeys are trying their hand at Shakespeare again I see.

Not too close yet though.

I'd say what you're seeing is a server error. Maybe they're having trouble, maybe they're the subject of some sort of DOS attack (good luck to that), or maybe its just random weirdness.

But I doubt it's as a result of a hack -- surely they'd do something more unusual (this is a normal error message from youtube)

Did not know it was the normal/standard message as I'd never experienced this before. It was doubtful that they did get hacked, but still, it's a possibility.;)

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
That 'information' is base 64 encoded by the looks of it. Paste it here and we'll see what it says :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That 'information' is base 64 encoded by the looks of it. Paste it here and we'll see what it says :)

See here.

It may not be the same error, but it's in a text form.

Number

Jun 9, 2013

I've always appreciated computer programming languages and those that can read/interpret what it says. :) The basis behind it is just very logical thinking, but syntax kills me. I've never taken programming. The most I've done was use MATLAB in an engineering class. :(

In any case the problem has since been solved. I'm glad it wasn't a hack, although I like the cheap thrill of visiting a hacked site every now & again. :rolleyes:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
I'm glad it wasn't a hack, although I like the cheap thrill of visiting a hacked site every now & again. :rolleyes:
Make sure you use NoScript or some equivalent if you like to rubberneck at hacked sites :)

Number

Jun 9, 2013
Make sure you use NoScript or some equivalent if you like to rubberneck at hacked sites :)

Good to note! :D

What do people hack these days anyways? Most banks (U.S at least) are FDIC insured & most banks also have fraud/theft protection. I've never actually known anyone who had identity theft. Although the TV tells me it's once every 32.560 seconds...:rolleyes:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Banks may be insured, but that doesn't mean that the scammers don't make money; it just means the banks don't lose money. The money that the scammers make comes from somewhere. If the insurance is government-funded, it's the taxpayer that's paying the scammers.

So the banks, who are in the best position to improve security, are less motivated to do so, because they know that the government will fix them up for their losses.