Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Info on M10 fog machines?

KIRBY561

Sep 27, 2017
I work for the Fire Department and we use many of the M10 fogger units for training. I go through many pumps from hours and hours of use. At times even after keeping the machines cleaned out to prevent clogging replace the elements too.
But, We took 2 foggers to an event and ran them on a 5500w generator. After 45 mins one unit stop working and wont power on. Replaced with another unit and caused the unit to lose the display and prevents it from being used. Could it possibly be the mother board malfunctioned to do surges from the generator? If so would the easiest step be just replacing the whole board?

Thank you

Robert_fay

Jun 15, 2017
Generally I would recommend diagnosing the problem before just replacing parts. Have you checked power to the board? These should be fused.

KIRBY561

Sep 27, 2017
further examination I realize that the fuse was blown. Changed the fuse but when I turned on blew again. I'm guessing there is a short somewhere. Any ideas where I could start? I tried a new plug and checked connections seemed ok.
Reason these 2 machine blew in the first place was they were ran on a generator. Maybe because it didn't have clean power. Jut don't get what that would short out and cause both machines the same issue.

Robert_fay

Jun 15, 2017
I did find a download on their site, however I can not get the manual to download.
http://www.antari.com/index.php/web/Products_i/33
The next step would be going through the schematic to try to find out what is shorted. Unfortunately without a schematic i am not able to suggest what to look at. Is there any schematic information in the manual that came with the machines?

It may be best to contact the MFG to see if they can help or get you a schematic
http://www.antari.com/index.php/web/Contact

partyanimallighting

Oct 22, 2012
I have M5's and they're very reliable. I do lots of outdoor events and run them off of generators without issues so it's definitely a dirty power issue with the generator. 5500w seems a little underpowered for these units as I think the M10's are around 30A current draw. Anyway, check the back of the pcb for burnouts of the solder trace and check the voltage regulator. I did some digging up in my files and I found a schematic for the M5 so this might help. Antari M5 Main PCB Front And Back (back mirrored) FW.jpg Antari M5 Main PCB Damaged Solder Trace 002.jpg Antari M5 M10 PCB Schematic (Rev.).jpg

Attachments

• Antari M5 Main PCB Damaged Solder Trace 002.jpg
    Antari M5 Main PCB Damaged Solder Trace 002.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 97