Maker Pro
Maker Pro

In Memoriam

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I just wanted to say that there aren't too many times I log onto this site that I don't think about our loss of KrisBlueNZ.
I've seen plenty of posts from new members who say they were directed to Electronics Point because of Google searches.
If Ian doesn't know it, his site here is THE go-to site for electronics help for most of the world now depending upon how
the user words his request for help in Google searches. KrisBlueNZ did a lot to help build this site's reputation early on.
I don't want to insult anybody by omitting specific references to everybody else here who keeps this site on the top of the
heap for advice with electronics help, we all know who those main-men are. I just wanted to say I'm pretty proud to be a
part of what happens here, and offer my appreciation for all the technical skills all of you provide to help answer electronics questions. When I was a kid, nobody had a computer to ask for help, we got our abilities through hard knocks and trial and error. I think KrisBlueNZ knew his value to us and his loved ones. I can't tell him that now. I just wanted to
tell all the rest of you, that you're all of great value to a lot of people out here, and you should be proud of that too.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
I didn't know @KrisBlueNZ as I joined not so long ago...about 7 months .
Came searching for a washing machine service manual and stayed.
Looked his name up in the "Members" and found "Sadly passed away in 2015".
That is sad indeed,what happened?:(

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Although I can't hold a candle to the light that @KrisBlueNZ cast on this forum, I did appreciate his talent and his efforts helping others here, especially beginners. Kris always took the time to think things out and write clear explanations, providing well-crafted schematics and Bill of Materials (BOM aka parts list) when that was necessary. He and I barely had a chance to get to know each other before he passed. We can but aspire to maintain that tradition of willingness because we love electronics and want others to enjoy it too, providing as much as we can and asking nothing in return. This is truly a world community that Ian has built for us all.

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I just wanted to say that there aren't too many times I log onto this site that I don't think about our loss of KrisBlueNZ.
I've seen plenty of posts from new members who say they were directed to Electronics Point because of Google searches.
If Ian doesn't know it, his site here is THE go-to site for electronics help for most of the world now depending upon how
the user words his request for help in Google searches. KrisBlueNZ did a lot to help build this site's reputation early on.
I don't want to insult anybody by omitting specific references to everybody else here who keeps this site on the top of the
heap for advice with electronics help, we all know who those main-men are. I just wanted to say I'm pretty proud to be a
part of what happens here, and offer my appreciation for all the technical skills all of you provide to help answer electronics questions. When I was a kid, nobody had a computer to ask for help, we got our abilities through hard knocks and trial and error. I think KrisBlueNZ knew his value to us and his loved ones. I can't tell him that now. I just wanted to
tell all the rest of you, that you're all of great value to a lot of people out here, and you should be proud of that too.

That's a very nice thing to say. I am glad you are here too.
Adam

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
it's messed up. I still haven't deleted him from my hangouts chat even after a year. just wanting him to log in and say hi. I have been finding this forum is a sore place for me as Kris was nice enough to jump online, do a video chat with me and show me where my silly mistake was.
having said that Kris was a combination of everyones best points. he certainly shared my enthusiasm. he had a lot of experience and a good sense of humour. I am finding that everyone here has something. he really did touch us all. as shrt said though it is a great privilege to know you all and be able to converse with you all. I love the funny stuff, the off topics, and then the grand scheme of making an electronic world easier for all. so thank you to everyone here for everything you do. I wish you the best for this year, the best for your family and friends. be prosperous in your endeavours.... and help me a lot lol