Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I want to made a mini heater for a my 36.8v 8.62A 320w solar panel

woodylepic

Oct 21, 2015
Hello there
I want to made a mini portable heather for a
36.8v 8.62A 320w solar panel I have just purchasse.

I have cut and mached a 120v 1500w heather resistance wire to get a 4.23 Ohm and all seem to work perfecly on direct connection to my solar panel.
The cable come red and not over heathing.

Also I have take off the oldy Ac 120v motor fan witch is tranfo and have replaced it witch a 12v 0.17A PC fan.

The probleme is that the DC motor work only on 12v.

My question is :
1. it is possible to connect the dc 12v fan in serie witch the heating résistance to lower is 36.8v to a more apceptable 12v voltage.

Also the AC thermostac of the Heather seem to not like the 38.6v DC voltage and have stopped working after 2 minute. why ? and is there spécifique thermostat for Dc voltage ?

Also I want to try to test some of my projets in to Yenka the free electronic simulator But I C'ant figure out how to simulate any fixed amperage in to yanka ? as the ampérage is not regulated ? (I have try to put a constant courant device but not working as the courant is dinamic)

Thank for your help.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You need a voltage regulator to give the fan a nice steady 12V.

A 7812 is the simplest solution.

woodylepic

Oct 21, 2015
Lolll
You need a voltage regulator to give the fan a nice steady 12V.

A 7812 is the simplest solution.

For the Batteries
I plan to connect the Solar pannel direcly to the heather... (so no Batteries)

For the voltage régulator ... Ya seem to be the solution...;)

Maybe connecting a pelletier TOC 12v générator can also be the solution, he will give me 12v 6A with out taking power from the heather and will run completly autonome... (have purchasse 2 on ebay yesterday for $5 buck :)

Thank you very mush for the reply Guys ....

Somebody can tel me how to simulate a fixed current (A) in to a electronic simulator (like Yenka...)
I want to test my cicuit before toasting my house...

All simulator I have test seem to not regulate courant.:eek:

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Never used yenka. See if it has a constant current source. Its likely to be in the same place constant voltage sources are.

woodylepic

Oct 21, 2015
I h
Never used yenka. See if it has a constant current source. Its likely to be in the same place constant voltage sources are.
I have try to Yenka sim to add a CC source of 8.69a that is suposed to be my max Amp from my solar panel but the probleme is.... it give me infénite cc (if my circuit take to musch Amp the voltage change so there no way to simulate a solar panel witch a 8.69A maximum rating or battery drain :(

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
The voltage of the 36v solar panel is too high for a normal 7812 regulator. You will need some sort of high-voltage regulator.

woodylepic

Oct 21, 2015
Ya it was 45 witch no load, My segond plan was to take a Peltier 12v heater generator to drive my 12v pc fan, (I have a cople of good dc 12v pc fan some where..., like this I will get full 36.8v power to heat my resistance :rolleyes:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Heater.

By the way. You would get more heat by using a solar water heater than using photovoltaic cells to power an electric heater, and for less money.

Bob

woodylepic

Oct 21, 2015
Heater.

By the way. You would get more heat by using a solar water heater than using photovoltaic cells to power an electric heater, and for less money.

Bob

Ya your Absolutly Right, The Water Inertia will keep more longers is statue and will conduct more heat, but for the price Im not sure... it will cost more and will take mush space... that a simple heater houked to a simple fan, (we talk on a single 320w solar panel,not a complete roof installations here) :cool: I just want to warm a 64 cubic area for a cople of hour.:confused:

My third Idea was to connect direcly (or in serie) 1 or 2 Infrared light
Does 250w will burn if they was conected alone to a 320w 36.8v,8.62A solar panel ?

And it is thrue that the live time will be less if they work on dc voltage ? :eek: