Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to Trigger (on and off) the Battery Wirelessly ?

Ahsan Noor Khan

Mar 28, 2018
Hi,

I am working on a project to trigger (on and off) the battery wirelessly to release the current from it at user choice. For instance, I have a battery (coin cell) in the device and the idea is to trigger it at particular frequency from the user remote control. When there is no signal from the user remote control than the battery is turned off. The wireless communication between the user remote control and device is facilitated by device and user remote control antennas as shown in attached figure.

For instance, In my mind, the antenna of the device should receive signal from the remote control. And then it should give the electrical signal to the sensor. The sensor picks up the signal and then trigger the battery on.

Is this approach is feasible ? What sort of sensor and controlling circuitry i require to trigger the battery on and off ?

I need to know the other possible ways to complete the task.

Thanking in anticipation.

Attachments

• trigger.png
    trigger.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 109

Ahsan Noor Khan

Mar 28, 2018
The receiver don't require power until the user require it. Like we need to trigger and then the power is released. I just need current from the battery on user choice. The current i have to use for a specific purpose. I don't require the receiver to remain on all the time.

Thanks

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I don't require the receiver to remain on all the time.
Yes you do - otherwise it won't work.

But modern systems use ultra-low standby currents which can often be less than the leakage current you find in batteries that power the devices! In other words the receiver will use less power than the batteries would use even if they weren't connected/used.