Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How is a signal read inside transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sana

Mar 20, 2018
I understand the on/off logic and the communication by binary indexing. But within a transistor and the incoming request signal how does the signal travel to that specific index? Also, because the signal is magnetic when arriving to a number for instance 0101 to determine if the gathered request is true when the request is 0100 is the signal weaken or lost? What should I read to fully understand how transistors work. And a book on how they were programmed when they were first discovered?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome to EP :)
you have a lot of mis-understandings

But within a transistor and the incoming request signal how does the signal travel to that specific index?

there is none

Also, because the signal is magnetic when arriving to a number

it isn't

What should I read to fully understand how transistors work.

google how does a transistor work ..... there are zillions of www sites on t he subject.
do some reading and then come back with specific questions on anything you don't understand

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
And a book on how they were programmed when they were first discovered?
Transistors aren't programmed.

Are you talking about electromagnetic (radio) transmission of information? There's a lot more involved than just transistors.

Sana

Mar 20, 2018
From what I have come to understand about transistors they were first functional for memory, of course after vacuum tubes. Given that light is a source of electrons and magnetism, and sound too I believe, an analog signal can travel along with electrocurrent. So the material inside micro transistors (chips) can store information in bits (binary) but to extract the information or set it forth into use I cannot see how the signal can output on command through the many bits inside a transistor. Without loosing the information inside the signal sent that travels inside a chip how does it eventually allocated the information?

Sana

Mar 20, 2018
This is a video on images are reduced into size manually. And thus the programming of transistors (chips) and output of the information.

Hopup

Jul 5, 2015
Are you meaning SRAM/DRAM type memory? There are quite clear articles about how it works on the internet.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
From what I have come to understand about transistors they were first functional for memory, of course after vacuum tubes. Given that light is a source of electrons and magnetism, and sound too I believe, an analog signal can travel along with electrocurrent. So the material inside micro transistors (chips) can store information in bits (binary) but to extract the information or set it forth into use I cannot see how the signal can output on command through the many bits inside a transistor. Without loosing the information inside the signal sent that travels inside a chip how does it eventually allocated the information?

this is all incorrect and the bolded bit is just totally nutz :(

PLEASE go and do the google search on how transistors work as I suggested earlier

I will close this thread in the mean time
AFTER you have done some reading, come back with specific questions on anything you don't understand
and start a new thread with specific things you don't understand about what you have read/tutoroial videos watched .... give links etc so we can see what you have been reading/watching

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.