Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How do I repair my monitor?

Citizen

Jan 20, 2016
My ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED stopped working. It blinks white (and then black) when plugged in, regardless of which type of which input plug I use. I know the monitor is the problem because my other monitor, which is the same make & model, works perfectly fine with the same inputs (knock on wood).

I took it apart and did not find any bulging capacitors.

Looking at the backs of the circuit boards, which should I replace and where can I get it?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
My ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED stopped working. It blinks white (and then black) when plugged in, regardless of which type of which input plug I use. I know the monitor is the problem because my other monitor, which is the same make & model, works perfectly fine with the same inputs (knock on wood).

I took it apart and did not find any bulging capacitors.

Looking at the backs of the circuit boards, which should I replace and where can I get it?
Thank you very much for the picture.
The back of the board looks fine to me. I had a small transformer fail on mine that caused it to stop working. Made an irritating noise as it tried to start.

ensure everything is plugged in correctly between the boards. Does the 'white / black' blink happen to the whole screen? Can you use the menu button to check settings on the monitor?

(Important... will tell you where the problem may reside)

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Don't think it is worth replacing a board, it would be almost the price of a new monitor and no warranty...

Do you get a front panel LED light on it, what color?

The board you should remove and inspect is the one shown on the pic below (power supply), take a good photo of it's CS.

Noname1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen

Jan 20, 2016
Thank you for the replies.

I took pictures of the top and bottom of all of the boards. [updated link]

When everything is plugged in, the LED light in the front will turn on but not with the color letting me know that it is fully functional. The entire screen will then light up white . . . and then turn off to black . . . and then light up white . . .. During this time the menu items are not functional.

I have access to a multimeter, but will need instructions on how to use it for this situation.

Last edited:

Citizen

Jan 20, 2016
Please give it a go. Just tested it and the pictures are visible to anyone with the link -- no account or sign-in is necessary.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Citizen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Kane ? )

Do you have any techno expertise . . .specifically . . .minimally . . . having a DVM or VOM for taking readings, along with being able to read a schematics test points.

Preliminary monitor troubleshooting:

With the monitor hooked up to its companion computer, power up and either use the computer propers keyboard or the monitors menu in order to get a known, expected,
all familiar display . . . . like you have repetitively done . . . . . for almost a million times.

If nothing shows on the monitor, flip off the room lighting for pitch blackness. That should let you see if the LED back light screen is operating after a slight dark eyesight recovery period..
If not lighting, flip the room lights back on and get a BRIGHT flashlight, carry it up to the display screen area and then get yourself into pitch black conditions again.
THEN you place the flashlight right up against the face of the screen so that light is initially passing thru the frontal LCD TFT film and hitting the rear white backscreen and reflecting back
forwards and passing thru the LCD screen. You are looking for a weak display of your screen info, using that secondary reflected light source, as you move it around the screens area.

That weakened display confirmation would suggest that your monitors info is reaching the display and trying to display for you BUT, the fault is a failed backlighting, with about 1 of 4 other associated ancillary
aspects, being the primary fault for that resultant condition .

I will stand back now and let you fully collect your neural senses and initiate a full frontal assault on the problem, using my supplied info.

Thassssit . . . . .

73's de Edd

Addenda:

Yeth . . . . .
Your final link, just given, let us see all of the boards . . . . excepting the one that you took with dirty glasses.

Last edited:

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
You can download a service manual here.

Start by checking the presence of +19V and +5V
at connectors CN801 and CN802 on the PS board.
Caution:there is High Voltage on the board as well!
ps.jpg

Last edited: