Maker Pro
Maker Pro

HOME CINEMA HITACHI HTD-K150

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
Hello friends !

I have a weird problem with this Hitachi htd-k150 home cinema system.

It works all right but some times when i power it on i get noise from the speakers and then i can no longer control volume. It either play sound at steady low volume or not at all. when i press the volume + and - buttons the display shows the volume level but the speakers nothing.

At firast i thought that it's amplifier IC's may be bad so i replaced them (TDA 7497) but that did not solve the problem. Later i noticed (with the o-scope) the presense of a 150-200mv saw tooth signal between the heatsink and the metal case of the powersupply 6.800uf filter caps.
Then while still probing that weird signal i tried to raise the volume and after hearing noise from the speakers it started working normally.
After a few power on and shut down cycles the problem came back and i was only able to eliminate it by placing the o-scope probe same way as before.

I also noticed the same weird signal on a number of other caps.

i will post o-scope pictures tomorrow.

Could it be that theese caps need to be replaced ?

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
It gets more and more weird.

While mulfunctioning
Probing cap 1 cell to heatsink i get the wave i mentioned before but probing from cap 2 cell to heatsink i see -17 volt DC...

Attachments

• cap 1.jpg
    cap 1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 107
  • cap 2.jpg
    cap 2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 93

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
What i have noticed is that when switching off and back on useing its mains switch some times makes it work correctly.

I am confused. I suspect that power supply section may be the problem. I will read the repair manual and see.

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'd recheck my mechanical connections to the speakers before troubleshooting your amplifier.
It sounds like a problem with the amp, but it sounds like the amp protection mode is kicking-in, and that may be
a problem with the load (speaker) connections.
I do the simple, before baffling myself with the technical.

JonG

Feb 10, 2017
What i have noticed is that when switching off and back on useing its mains switch some times makes it work correctly.

I am confused. I suspect that power supply section may be the problem. I will read the repair manual and see.
Hi Constantine,
Did you get anywhere with this problem ??
I have an HTD K150 with exactly the same problem !!!
Although this is an "old technology" system it otherwise works well and would prefer to repair than replace - so any help/guidance/prior experience would be much appreciated.

Best Regards
JonG