Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with relays for motorcycle tail lights/turn signals

Eyeball_Chambers

Jun 2, 2014
I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I am eliminating the tail light on a motorcycle and wiring two turn signal/brake lights like a car. The way the stock motorcycle lights currently function is one dual element bulb for tail/brake light. The turn signals use single element bulbs that are only used when the turn signal flashes. My plan is to put dual element sockets and bulbs in turn signals with red lenses. I will wire the low element to the running light wire. I am hoping to use relays on the brighter element so the turn signal can override the brake light signal on either side. I have a very basic understanding of relays, but could use help with which relays to use and how to wire them. It is a 12v system. One other question I have is when the turn signal and brake are both on, how can I allow the bright element to go dark between flashes without the brake light signal just keeping the element lit?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Where are you at? Cars have good turn signal flashing relays for cheap. Isn't there something similar on the market for motorcycle turn signals?

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
Try this.

Attachments

• Red Indicators.jpg
    Red Indicators.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 163