Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help virus problem

brian22

Jul 19, 2013
My friend PC had infected by a virus. He told me her sister send a files using her iphone to his gmail account when he downloaded and opened the file the worm spread through the USB's that was pluged in his Laptop all the files was converted to Shortcuts. the strange thing is the computer seems not infected because the files in the laptop didn't change until he scanned and it detects 1000+ of worms.

someone said that iphone and mac don't get virus is that true? and how to get rid all of the virus in
my friend's computer? he's using MSE and i believe is not a strong AV

worm_zps00eb8a0a.png

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi Brian

well going by your screen dump, the anti virus software did its job and quarantined the detections :)

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Get a good virus scanner and clean it out. Macs are not immune and Windows phones may only be rarely affected because almost nobody has them (great phone - terrible software)

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
When "antivirus" software reports huge numbers of detections, it MAY be that the antivirus software itself is a trojan horse and the virus hits are false. This is definitely the case if the "antivirus" software offers to remove the viruses in exchange for a fee paid via Western Union or bitcoin!

If you suspect this may be the problem, get a virus scanner with a bootable image that can be burnt onto a CDR or DVD-R, burn it to the CDR or DVD-R in an uninfected system, then boot it in the infected system and run a virus scan on the hard drive.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Here is a link for MS Defender offline:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Burn it to disk from a trusted machine, pop it in the infected one and start-up with it. (May need to use F12 to select boot device or change BIOS settings to allow a different boot device... Read the bottom of the boot screen to determine this)

As *Steve* has said about windows phones and mac machines. They are not immune, but there is less available in the wild net to infect them.
Windows is popular, and is easier to execute code on which is why it is a high risk.
Mac, Linux, and Unix based systems are a little more difficult to automatically infect* and are not as popular as windows systems so there is less out there to infect them.

The kicker here is this:
If a virus can't 'automatically' infect a machine, they rely on the user inadvertently installing it due to lack of experience or knowledge. This is true regardless of which device you are using.