Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help to identfy a battery connector

chuck_pietro

Aug 8, 2017
Hi,
I am trying to create a battery tester for the batteries that power our hotel locks. I cannot find which connector they are using and my inquiry to the lock manufacturer (Kaba/SafLok) was not helpful. I also emailed Molex and they were helpful enough to say it was not one of theirs. Attached is a pic. I believe it is a 2.0mm pin spacing. The overall width is approx. 6.00 mm, length is 6.6mm and height (including the raised center guide rail is 4.6mm. If anyone has a lead on where I can find male and female parts, I'll buy you a beer..:)

Attachments

• Saflok Battery Connector.jpg
    Saflok Battery Connector.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 117

chuck_pietro

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks Alec_t, that's not a bad idea. Thanks for reminding me to think outside the box. Thanks also to Kelly, but I really need the male or mating end of the battery connector and I can't rip one off of the lock as we don't have any that have failed yet. You guys are great.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I had a lengthy look at the various suppliers I know of and even through hundreds of Google-result images for such but with no direct replacement result.

Unless someone comes along with first-hand knowledge of the connector I think you're going to be stuck with the above suggestions as solutions.

SparkyVT

Aug 9, 2017
Why not buy some 2mm male and female bullet plugs and crimp/solder them onto some wires? You can then attach them and use your meter on the wire. Put alligator clips on the other end of the wire if you want.
(Edit) sorry, saw it was spacing after the fact, you may still be able to find bullet plugs to attach to some wire to be able to test, and at the very least you could find some appropriate sized wire and solder it to be able to insert into it. Seeing the male plug may help more too.

Last edited:

SparkyVT

Aug 9, 2017
It may be a jst-ph. I would try contacting a third party vendor of the batteries to find out though. I searched through some of them to see if I could find any white sheets, saflok has them, so you may want to see if you can get ahold of the information off of them.