Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help on design

Briansbrain

Mar 6, 2017
I need to build a transmitter and receiver built that will work in large two story homes. The transmitter needs to operate off of 24 volts and will need to have the capability of sending and receiving 4 functions. The transmitter will need to receive 24v AC signals and convert them to RF the receiver will need to turn them back into 24v AC. The receiver will need to be powered by 24v AC and have the capability of turning the RF signals into 24v AC. Transmitter and receiver need to be no larger than 16" wide 10" tall and 6" deep. Please let me know if there is anyone who would like to take on this project?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP.
If you are just sending 'signals', why do they need to be 24V? Or are you trying to transmit 24v AC power wirelessly?
What frequency are we talking about?
Unlicensed RF transmission is illegal unless it complies with certain conditions.

Briansbrain

Mar 6, 2017
Thank you for the reply. I just saw someone has already beat me to the idea. Where would be the best place to find out how to build electronics and wireless components?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
As I said, "Unlicensed RF transmission is illegal unless it complies with certain conditions."
Unless you have access to suitable test equipment you will be unable to ensure that any home-built wireless transmitter is legal. Off-the-shelf legal wireless transmitter and receiver modules are readily available and cheaper than it would cost you to build.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
TI just saw someone has already beat me to the idea.
What idea? What is it you are trying to do? What are the 24 Vac inputs coming from, and what do the 24 Vac output go to? AND, again, are you trying to do wireless broadcast power, or are you sending and receiving control signals?

ak