Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help Needed with Dj-ing related repairs!

samspud

Nov 22, 2017
Hi I'm new to this forum and wondering if someone could give me a hand with a couple of repairs I'm currently on with? First is a Nady 101HT radio Mic. a couple of wires have come off and to be honest, im a bit lost where they go! Had this mic a lot of years and it's been flawless in use, it was dropped recently and broke the case in half and tore of two wires. tried connecting them where i think they should go but all i get is a resistor that gets hot to the point of smoking. Tried emailing Nady for help but they were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard! Just wondered if any one out in the electronics community had a schematic for this mic? the receiver works fine! The other project is an old Zero 88 FX4 lighting controller. I've had some help from Zero 88 with this but still coming up with a problem when it does a p.o.s.t. during boot up, before going into standby. If anyone can be of help with either of these projects i would greatly appreciate it!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Your indiscriminate wiring (and the resultant 'hot resistor') may indicate that you've created more problems than there was originally - to the point of total destruction....

Post lear images of the innards and the points where the wires have been connected.

Same with the lighting controller - pictures please! I suspect the fault in this case to be the usual dud capacitors but need images to verify.