Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help! How to put switch on DIY guitar pedals?

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
Hey could you pls help me

i saw a schematic of a guitar pedal and i cant find what or where is the switch

at first i think of putting a switch after the input or before the output but suddenly i realized that if i turn off the switch the whole circuit will be off which will be the reason for my guitar to not having a sound..

could you pls help me

btw i already finished my pre amp thanks to you guys

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schematics/audio/pictures/ibanezts9.gif

www.muzique.com/schem/ts808.gif

these are the scheme pls help me. And is there a main diff between those two?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You use a double throw switch to simply bypass the effect when you don't want it...

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
where should i put it? Exactly after the input?

and can i step on the switch you just told me to use? Could you pls again, sorry for inconvenience, edit the scheme? Pls? Im learning it bit by bit.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
where should i put it? Exactly after the input?

Parallel to the circuit...

and can i step on the switch you just told me to use?

Sure it's the same type of switch used on pretty much every guitar effects pedal...

Example

http://compare.ebay.com/like/160510973117?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Could you pls again, sorry for inconvenience, edit the scheme? Pls? Im learning it bit by bit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• gee-tar.jpg
    gee-tar.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 974

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
uhm excuse me sir, but how to do the guitar to switch thing?

and sir im so confused, i always see discussions about using spdt or dpdt in a pedal on the internet. What's the difference?

i know how they work if i will use it on a simple light circuit.

spdt will either power on A or B
and dpdt will either power off and then power on the other one like a spdt do but do it at the same time

how will that affect the pedal. And why are they saying dpdt is true bypassing

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I can't simplify it much more than the picture I drew, look and it and try to figure it out, Google how DPDT switches work...

If you want to know the difference between SPDT and DPDT Google that as well... In this case the DPDT is switching the ground and signal, thus bypassing the effect completely, you could just switch the signal with a SPDT but you might get undesired results depending upon how the effects circuit is grounded...

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
thank you sir! Ok last two questions.

is there a difference between the two scheme? What are they?

after that i'll choose one and i'll put a dpdt switch on it.

my 2nd question is how will i wire dpdt switch on the circuit? And where? That's all and im done

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
is there a difference between the two scheme? What are they?

Yes there is clearly a difference, compare them if you want to know exactly what is different, I'm not going to waste my time doing it...

my 2nd question is how will i wire dpdt switch on the circuit? And where? That's all and im done

I drew you a picture, please review it...

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
no what i mean is in sounds? Is the first one more clipping than the 2nd one? That's what i mean.

electronoobz

Jan 14, 2012
hey sir coke,

i want my pedal to have an led and i know that a 3pdt switch is necessary, well not really, i know that dpdt would work too but needs a millenium bypassing which is hard for me. Can you help me how? Just show an image of 3pdt and put where should i put the input and output and the circuit input and output and the led with a resistor ofcourse to remove the popping sound. Thanks