Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hello.. i'm quench84.. very excited to join this forum coz it might be can help me a lot.. :D

hey quench84

sounds like a new energy drink name ;)

welcome to the forums :)

cheers
Dave

Digit

Oct 31, 2012
Hello!

Hello all,

I've done some work with electronics a few years back (got a BS in computer engineering, took quite a few EE classes), but it's been a while since I used any of it, as I got employed in software engineering after graduating. I found my old 68HC11 EVBU microcontroller board with the serial cable interface and the small on board breadboard while cleaning out the garage and decided to pick it up again for fun. I look forward to asking as well as hopefully being able to answer questions.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome to Electronics Point.

Looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums.

ray tyagi

Nov 4, 2012
hello friends
I am abhishek tyagi from india delhi.music ,playing games, computers. I have finally decided to try to finish all the odd ends of projects left incomplete over the years and I hope to find some useful information here. Wish me luck :

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hello Abhishek and welcome to Electronics Point

LEDFlashIsAboutMyLimit

Nov 11, 2012
Hello

Hello I'm Phill a complete newby to electronics. I have no doubt that I will probably ask a few stupid questions mainly about why I have blown up my 4017 IC :D but hopefully in time and with a bit of help I should get better.

Can anybody suggest any good project for a beginner?

Phill.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
a great project for beginners is making an LED light up without blowing it. it teaches both the direction of electrons and also shows how to manipulate current through a resistor (or else the LED blows) then add a switch for on/ off, the add more and more.

the basics are far from exciting but you need to understand them for the later projects. if you get really bored get a "200 in 1" kit and use it. it has springs that you simply connect wires to. on top of all that start looking into books and reading about the basic laws of electronics. our tutorial section is a great start oh and welcome to the forum

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
greetings Phil

welcome to electronics point
enjoy your stay :)

Dave

Pravin hasan

Aug 13, 2012
Hello I am Pravin .I live in India,a student currently doing my final year engineering in electronics and communication engineering domain.My field of interests are
1. control syetem engineering
2. power electronics

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hey Pravin

I see Steve has already helped you out with your first query :)
Google isa wonderful tool for finding information ;)

Dave

Pravin hasan

Aug 13, 2012
Dear sir,
Thank you , its ma pleasure to be a member in this forum.
kindly excuse me yet i didnt get information for my first query,

[remove email]

Last edited by a moderator:

lemite

Nov 27, 2012
Hello Sir Steve, thank you for allowing me to register in your forum. I'm not new to electronics, I've been repairing since 1980's. But I am not a full time repairer, because I am not fully equipped with top of the line electronic equipments and testers. I came from the poor country in the Pacific [Philippines]. Because of lack resources, most of the time I cannot repair defective units but I have the idea. Many years passed, my interest shifted me to computers. But I repair when there is an opportunity. I have one tester, an old one which to my surprised it was already on the list of rare tester [Leader LCR-740 LCR Bridge] together with the other obsolete testers in the museum. I've been using also Simpson VOM which also very rare to find nowadays. It is only now that I came back to my repairing hobby after 20 years. I have now DMM, Analog VOM, LCR ESR meter, LOPT/FBT ring tester, Capacitance meter. My old dual trace 40Mhz analog oscilloscope is not functioning anymore. I hope this forum can help me regain my lost skills in troubleshooting.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome Lord Lemite! Welcome to Electronics Point.

It's not my forums, I'm just someone who won't shut up. Ian runs this.

I still have a number of items of test equipment that date from the 70's.

I'm sure we have people here who can help you, just ask and we'll see what we can do.

johnrambo

Dec 1, 2012
Hi Everyone,

My name is John. I'm new here and just looking to expand my electrical knowledge with the help of a friendly online community. I don't like to throw things out so have a few electrical things I would like to try and repair - hopefully learning something along the way.

Look forward to interacting with some of you.

- J

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hey John

yeah i have a shed full of stuff that I just cant throw out either ;)

where in NZ are ya ? Dunedin is my old home

cheers
Dave