Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hello, I am posting here because I read somewhere that new members have to do this first.

Thanks
Rick

Hi Rick
Welcome to EP

It's not essential to post here first
It's just a nice thing to do to be able to introduce yourself to the forum and tell a little about yourself
eg. your background in electronics etc :)

It gets that first post out of the way ;)

Dave

deepshika1

May 11, 2018
I seem to have lost the thread we used to have for people to introduce themselves.

I'm making this one a sticky so that new members can find it easily and post a message here.

Note that there are some things that you can't do until you've got a few posts under your belt. So if you've come here with a burning desire to ask a question with an image/link, but can't until you post a message, here is the place to do it!

Welcome!

I'm Steve, currently the newest moderator here. I have a long-term interest in electronics (almost 40 years), but I am not formally employed in this field.

Since this is the introductions area, please feel free to start your own thread (it's good practice). If, for some reason you'd prefer not to, feel free to use this thread.
Hey there,
I am Deepshika and I am from India.
I have this burning desire to become a game developer.
I don't want to do that right away, and hence I am just learning coding on Python. I hope to become a famous game developer one day.
It feels great to be a part of this forum.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hello and welcome!

carlsweden

Jul 13, 2018
Hi
My name is Carl and I'm posting from Sweden. Im posting this as my first post as I will be asking a question in another thread.
Thanks
Carl

peterlonz

Feb 11, 2010
I'm "newish" here & I guess I don't properly yet know the ropes.
Today I received this message:
"peterlonz, carlsweden replied to a thread you are watching at Electronics Forums."
problem now is; I see no way (after experimenting for some time) of accessing this message.
Some guidance appreciated.
Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Look 2 posts up from yours. He posted in the welcome thread (which presumably you did earlier)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi Senaka. Welcome to Electronics Point.

Breezebro

Aug 1, 2018
Hello all!

Hi- I'm Josh and I live in Nebraska, USA- right in the smack middle of nowhere. Im new to electronics- just started reading Electronics for Dummies the other day. The reason I'm getting into electronics is because it seems like it could greatly benefit my true hobby- Reef Aquariums. I might not be much around a circuitboard, but I'm a king of corals. I suppose the main reason that I'm getting into this is because I'll be dog-facked if I sink $3000 into an LED light fixture if I can train myself to build my very own light fixture complete with every other electronic bell and whistle my mind could ever hope to imagine being in an aquarium light. Heres the vision: a 2'x4' board FULL of LEDs glaring out a beutiful 14000k actinic blue. programmable for 5 different light intensities all at once, programmable to mimic the path of the sun across the sky, set turn on automatically at whatever time I wish, and set to automatically turn off at whatever time I desire. And all that during the day- the night is when things start getting interesting! By night, there's a deep blue moonlight to bathe my Favia, Zoanthids, and Acroporas in an otherworldly glow and casting the creatures of the deep night in the creepy aura they deserve. Also wired to communicate with the light over my algea turf scrbber. And I think it'd be sweet to build a submersible robot to clean the areas of the tank I cant reach. Clean, and use its little camera to check out whatever's growing behind the rocks. Then have him come back up to the surface and tell me in a mid-1800 british accent- "Alls well guv'na!" I've got a fun imagination.

Thats the dream- till then, I'm stuck trying to get a tiny bulb to glow a little with a battery and a few wires scavenged from the corpse of a dead flashlight. All the help I can get is appreciated.

I'm from Texas, right in the smack middle... of nuthin.
You've gotta be right in the smack middle of a cornfield....right?
A guy in Nebraska who's "king of corals"? Have you ever seen the ocean? lol
An underwater Roomba vacuum cleaner. Maybe a line follower robot that sucks the walls.
My original goal was to work on electronics in submarines. I've done the electronics but never been on a sub in the water, just a museum sub on land.
Your interests should take you in the direction of constant current power supplies and Arduino micro-controllers.
Get an Arduinos for dummies and google power supplies.
First tip, always use a resistor in series with an LED or it will instantly burn out. If it doesn't light up, reverse the polarity of the LED.
I'm new here too, but glad to help you if I can.

joynhappiness

Aug 3, 2018
I am Joyce and I am a tech enthusiast. Thank you for giving me the privilege to join this community. Looking forward to learning new things and sharing my knowledge with you guys.

Redshift6666

Aug 25, 2018
Hello everyone! I’m Ozzy from the U.K, and a complete newbie, but am fascinated by all things electronic

Michael Studio1

Jan 5, 2018
Hello everyone. I am Adam from Manchester, England. I am interested in music, photography, coffee, climbing, snowboarding, computers, doing things the hard way and all sorts of geekery. I have finally decided to try to finish all the odd ends of projects left incomplete over the years and I hope to find some useful information here. Wish me luck : )
Hello Adam from Manchester. Coffee!! Now there I agree and have a la Pavoni cappucino machine to prove it! Music!! Again I agree - mostly classical and recording same - though I'm also a 'Cellist. Photography - another 'click' - I emigrated from my dear old Leica IIIF to a Sony NEX-5. Climbing? No - I'm past that at 83!! Snowboarding - same as climbing! Computers!! Yes - I build and repair them and simply love my ACER Aspire 9301 laptop which I rebuilt. it has a 17" screen. I'm currently working on a Denon AVR 1912.