Hello Everybody!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Michelleast, Jun 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM.

1. Michelleast

Michelleast

My name is Michelle, and before I start - I am not a native English speaker so do ignore my mistakes, please:)
    I am a glass artist, but I also explore different mediums and techniques such as comics, animation, paper art and even electronic and kinetic art. And that's how I got here. I am on the process of learning a little bit more about electronics, motors, machinery and everything in between. Recently I have managed to build a very small ball mill for crashing glass - out of an old Hp printer (was quite a simple project, but I was still very proud to be able to build something that actually worked:), and I guess this made me hungry for more....

I am now working on my own zeotrope/phonotrope - I am building a medium sized, motorized wooden turntable and putting some glass animation above it, it's something I found online and quite amazed me - but I soon found out that building it the way I wanted to requires a bit of knowledge not only in machinery, but also in electronics, and I hope I can get it here.

Michelleast, Jun 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM
    1. Advertisements

2. Michelleast

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Germany-Europe-Earth-Sol System-Milky Way-Laniakea
    Welcome to EP, Michelle.

You'll find (or already may have found) that Art and Electronics go together quite well. We're looking forward to your contributions. Maybe showcase a project of yours?

Shalom,
    Harald

Harald Kapp, Jun 13, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    1. Advertisements

3. Michelleast

Michelleast

Hi Harald, thank you very much for the warm welcome!
    I will gladly share my phonotrope and some other projects I am working on. Right now I am in the process of finding all the electronic parts and understanding what's the best and safest way to build my machines.
    Shalom from Israel:)
    Michelle

Michelleast, Jun 15, 2018 at 2:24 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question