Maker Pro
Maker Pro

HC-05 and Microcontroller

st_anger

Aug 25, 2018
Hi everybody!
I'm new in electronics, so my questions can be strange but I have to ask.
I need to continuously send information from sensor to smartphone via Bluetooth.
1. I heard that if I take HC-05 BT module, then I can do without microcontroller. Is it true? If yes, tell me how to send the information without it. If no, which microcontroller would you recommend? It would be great if it is small and not expensive.
2. Can I receive this information and dispose it in app written in MIT App Inventor 2?
3. Can I turn on and off the sensor remotely? How to do it, if it's possible?
Thanks in advance)

Aswinth Raj

Jun 8, 2018
Hi everybody!
I'm new in electronics, so my questions can be strange but I have to ask.
I need to continuously send information from sensor to smartphone via Bluetooth.
1. I heard that if I take HC-05 BT module, then I can do without microcontroller. Is it true? If yes, tell me how to send the information without it. If no, which microcontroller would you recommend? It would be great if it is small and not expensive.
2. Can I receive this information and dispose it in app written in MIT App Inventor 2?
3. Can I turn on and off the sensor remotely? How to do it, if it's possible?
Thanks in advance)

1. No the HC-05 Bluetooth module works with the help of Serial communication and is not stand alone, so you need some sort of micro-controller like Arduino, PIC AVR or something to talk with it

2. If you use a Micro-controller then yes you can use the MIT App Inventor to send and receive data to your mobile phone, like someone has tired it here https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/universal-ir-remote-control-using-arduino-android

3. I am not sure what you mean by turn on and off the sensor, if you trying to turn off the sensor remotely to reduce power consumption then yes it is also possible

Since you are just getting started it is advised for you to start with Arduino as it would get you off the ground faster

tepprojects1

Sep 27, 2018
You have to use microcontroller in order to get this HC05 working but once you got it working then you can easily do all these mentioned tasks. It's a powerful module.