Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hasler Bern

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If you want 24VAC RMS sinusoidal, then you will need to boost your 24VDC to about 35V. There are various ways to do this, but it would possibly be easier to start with a higher voltage.

Edit: I don't really know what you're doing. If it a model train controller? What current is required?

Fabiobo

Dec 21, 2016
Yes, in this video is understand the concept.
He uses a 30v with max 1A.

I'm building a real train cab with simulation software (zdsimulator).
From simulator i receive information by serial in this format:
0.1.20.1453,20.100.etc... sixteen values. I read all information with Arduino Mega for each management.

thank you
Fabio

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The 'tachigraph' in question seems to be both an odometer and a speedometer which is driven by a 3-phase AC signal which is generated by a transmission gear from the rotation of the wheels of a real train.

You possibly do not need a true sinusoidal signal. A three phase rectangular signal may work in your simulation/application just as well. Set up a 3-pahse Hbridge driver for this purpose, e.g. this one. You will have to supply an external power of 24 V. As the signals are square waves, nor sine waves, 24 V should suffice. If not: the IC I linked works up to 60 V.The 3 phases will have to be generated by the Arduino as the IC is 'only' a driver.

Fabiobo

Dec 21, 2016
Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately I do not have experience in electronics, i try it.

Fabio

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Unfortunately I do not have experience in electronics, i try it.
It is not impossible, but you'll experience a steep learning curve.
First let's assume my interpretation of the operation of the tachigraph is correct (I sincerely hope so).
Next I assume you know how a 3-phase system works. Otherwise look it up. This is essential for understanding the operation. The 3 phases of AC voltage generate a rotating magnetic field within the tachigraph, thus moving the pointer across teh speed scale and the counter along the odometer scale. Since we're not particularly interested in a very smooth motion of these elements, a square wave instead of a sinusoidal wave should suffice. The mechanical inertia of the moving parts will smooth out the movement.

I interpret the information you supplied for the tachigraph such that the 3-phase signal you need to supply to the tachigraph has the relevant information in the frequency, not the amplitude of the voltage. I take this from the fact that the original signal is generated from the revolutions of the train wheels which will lead to a frequency proportional to speed. Therefore your 3-phase signal should have a fixed amplitude (e.g. 24 V ... 30 V, whatever it takes to get the tachigraph working) but a variable frequency, proportional to speed. The signal(s) should look like this:
upload_2016-12-22_10-51-3.png
You'll have to find out which frequencies are suitable by experimenting. Your arduino program will then have to map the input values from the simulator to the respective output frequencies.

Fabiobo

Dec 21, 2016
HI,
I have no experience in electronics, where I can find a scheme which is used DRV8313?

thank you
Fabio

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
If you're uncomfortable with the information in the datasheet, how about this evaluation board? Even if you don't buy the board, have a look under 'documents' where you can find some guides.