Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Grid Tie Inverters connecting 2x1000w

Gedis

Mar 19, 2018
Hello,

I have hybrid system of 2x500w 5 blade wind turbine, 1x400w wind turbine, 4x160w solar panels. Thats in total 2040w. I have for the moment connected 1x400w turbine and 4x160w solar panels to grid tie 1000w inverter.I thinking to hook up 2x500w to another 1000w grid tie inverter but i want to connect to the same battery bank. I have 2x210a batteries bank, with for the moment connected 1x400w+2x160w trough hybrid battery charger controler and 2x160w trough another hybrid charger controler. Is it possible that i have 2 grid tie inverters both 1000w and both the same made, exact copies to connect them together. I mean the system i thinking to do is to split 2x1000w (2x160w solar + 1x400w wind and other 2x160w solar + 500w wind both connected to 2 diferent hybrid charger controlers and last one its only to charge batteries 500w wind to the batteries) i want to connect 2 grid tie inverters one from one hybrid controler and another from another. what i want to know if thats not going to be any problems?

Many Thanks
Gedis

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
How many independent inputs does each inverter have?

You can probably get away with placing multiple identical wind turbines on one input, or multiple identical strings of solar panels (with the same orientation). But mixing different things on one input would be bad juju.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Don't know what the laws governing grid tie systems is in the UK but usually they follow closely with Australia.
If this is the case you could be violating several laws which could see you landed in all sorts of trouble.

Gedis

Mar 19, 2018
well i have 1 Wind&Solar Hybrid PWM Controller (600W Wind+400W Solar) 12V/24V Automatic W3B9 and second is 12V/24V Boost MPPT Wind Solar Hybrid Controller Auto With LCD Display Dump Load (600W Wind+600W Solar) so im thinking on first one maby the best to connect 500W Wind + 2x160W Solar, on second exact same, and the 500W Wind turbine will be on its own with charge controle connected just to the battery. First charge controller 600W+400W is connected to the battery, the load goes from the controler to inverter when battery reach the charge amount of +25V second the same, so inverter 1 and inverter 2 will be connected from 2 different controllers and then again it will be same system. They both will be connected to the sockets (inverters are for the plug in the socket easy mode). I do not see any problems with the connection i have in mind, but im new here in this technology of green energy, so dont want to burn something out

Gedis

Mar 19, 2018
Did you read my warning note above....???
AS far as i know, there is only cap on the system, you can not go privately more than 4kw connected to grid, but if you want you can go crazy and install 40 kw, 400kw, and whatever you can, but only you will be classified as not privat use, but comercial use and you will not get pay for generating or exporting, where up to 4kw you will get paid by government for generating and exporting green energy. Im trying to find more info about it online for the moment, as i didn't really thought about it till you said, but so far i found just about what i said, nothing else who will stop me for get green energy... ill let you know if somthing pops up online and will tells me i should stop using green energy and start burning fossil fuel to get more co2 in atmosphere lol

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Ask any electrician or a local suppy authority.

I very much doubt that you can start connecting your own wizz bang gear to the grid, no matter how suped up you think it is.

Might just save you a trip to the slammer or a hefty fine.

Not much point enjoying the all green environment from behind bars at the old bailey. :eek:

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Your grid energy supplier will need to authorise any grid connection, in the interests of safety. I suspect they will only allow the connection of approved gear.

Gedis

Mar 19, 2018
That's of course going to be sorted with electricity supplier and ofcorse will be installed with skilled and sertified electrisian. I just want to preper everything for instalation and make sure the system i want to install it will be running ok. The question is about that, not about laws and other things the people always want to bite you with.... how sad world we living today :D Thanks to people who replied to my question! Some people just want to post anything just to get ratings i gues (the numbers on the account?)

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
On the contrary.
Opinions here are qualified advice given by qualified people as a warning of potentially dangerous situations.

Actions such as referred to can be a hazard to others which is one of the primary concerns here.